Water Works

Options
msenior
msenior Posts: 171 Member
Hello, Help, I am trying to drink the required amount of water, but can't do 8 glasses. As soon as i'm out of the loo, i'm back again. Its driving me crazy. I've only started 2 weeks now, how long would it take to all settle in.

Replies

• 82song
    82song Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there, it took me about a month for it to settle down, but I suspected that it would take a while after my body was used to 29 years without water! it will adjust, just keep at it :)
  • hollyshobbies
    Options
    why dont you try adding crystal light packets, or a slice of lemon or lime to give it some flavor..... i usually cant drink all 8 either so this helps for me.
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    I use suger free squashes to give my water flavor. As a previous poster said, the peeing will lighten up just give it time.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    It took me around a month or so for my body to adjust.........at first I was aways in the bathroom, what felt like every 5 min. Very, very annoying! Now it has balanced out, and while it is still more often then before, it isn't all the time!!!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    hey, i had exactly the same problem when i started drinking 8 glasses of water back in january! it took my body about 3 weeks to adjust and i was popping to the loo just like normal then like 3 times a day ish :) i drink about 6 glasses of water a day now and its still ok :D soo just give ur body a few weeks to adjust and u will be fine :)
  • Conorsas
    Conorsas Posts: 2
    Options
    You should be drinking about Pint of water for every 100Ibs of your weight.
    So if you weight 300 pounds then you need to drink a Minimum of 1 and half litres of water a day.
    Keep it going, you will aquire a taste for it. It fills in the hungar pains and stops you snacking.
    My bottle of water is my best friend now, bring it every where with me. Conor
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I'll try to keep it going:drinker: