encouragement...please.

Options
Gwooh
Gwooh Posts: 80 Member
Really could use some words of encouragement. I have lost anymore weight, I have only maintained. I took a break from logging for about two weeks and a break from exercise as well. HELP me get back on the right track!!!

Replies

• WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I kind of in the same boat you're in. I haven't lost for 3 weeks, in fact I gained 2 pounds a week ago without cheating or going over my cal goals. Add me as a friend if you want and we can encourage each other through all of this! It will get better! Good luck!
  • christinehay78
    christinehay78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request. Add me if you like & we can support eachother!
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    You've taken a good first step, and I'm happy to tell you what you already know: You can do this, but ONLY you can do this for you.

I'm glad you maintained while you were not logging and exercising, it means that mentally you were making some efforts to do the right thing. I'm glad you returned before you started backsliding that's a huge victory in itself.

Get yourself moving again, and start logging your food. You will be successful if you do the work and stay determined to be good to yourself even if the results aren't always what you expect. For the first time in my life I am understanding what momma meant when she said "Hard work is it's own reward."
  • Pinkdestiny2
    Options
    Same thing has happened to me. Treat it as if you are starting again, forget everything that happened before, because you'll just dwell on it.
    I'm sure you'll do fine. :D
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request too. I'm in the same position, only I have been exercising and eating right for over a year now and have not lost anything.
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I start slow. 10 mins here. 10 mins there. And that helps me stay on track. You CAN get back on track!
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Maintaining is a good thing too. Now hop on the band wagon and let's get some workouts in! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :tongue:

you can do it!
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    chatterbox and melschaben

You have to understand losing weight is not a fad or just something to do. It's a life changing event you can not just stop and go as you please. You do have to be serious about losing weight once you start you HAVE TO keep with it everyday. No stopping for garbage food eat what your suppose to work out like your suppose to.. You must get your mind right when it comes to losing weight and you have to rememeber that it takes time!!!! I started in january I still have more to go... When you start to hear that little voice on your shoulder say why are you working out we can sit on the counch and eat donuts and watch t.v. YOU HAVE TO TELL THAT LITTLE VOICE TO TAKE THE TRAIN!!!!! Your doing this for you and your family you are going to invest a lot of hard work for your life and be a positve example to everyone... NEVER GIVE IN NEVER STOP!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS... there are plenty of people here to help you can add me if you like too....
  • Gwooh
    Gwooh Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the words this morning! I really needed it!

I felt good about my eating choices...just not my beer and wine choices (warm weather on the river just make the alcohol taste so good). I think I felt burnt out on chicken and sweet potatos everynight for dinner...which caused me to want to stop and eat food with more flavor like homemade fecuttcetie alfredo...I know bad. But I ate it in moderation. I very small bowl...and one very big bowl of salad. I have to work on my dinner choices...I know dinner can have more flavor...I just have to put more thought into it. And working two jobs doesn't leave much time or energy for thought.
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend, am always here for encouragement :smile:
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Come on we can do this together, Just shake it off and go back on track, I know it isn't easy. But we are all here for the samething and we can all support eachother, So just feel free to add me that I will push you until the end Good luck

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter