Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

subcutaneous water

MeekMeals
MeekMeals Posts: 517 Member
Hi pals! Anyone heard of subcutaneous water retention? Is it true? Also, to my "bodybuilders": Do you guys use any supplements?

Thanks!

Replies

• ladybug1009
    ladybug1009 Posts: 68 Member
    I have heard of subcutaneous water retention, and I have seen it in very extreme case since I work in a hospital. At least half of our body contains water if not more.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Every cell in the body contains water, so subcutaneous water is just the water stored in the cells right below the skin. Most people have it normally and only "lose" it when dehydrated. Body builders try to lose this to show the muscle definition they've worked so hard for. Basically, they dehydrate right before shows to get that cut look. Then they get on stage and look big and strong but are weak as kittens from the dehydration. ;)

As for supplements, I only use whey protein and CLA.
  • MeekMeals
    Every cell in the body contains water, so subcutaneous water is just the water stored in the cells right below the skin. Most people have it normally and only "lose" it when dehydrated. Body builders try to lose this to show the muscle definition they've worked so hard for. Basically, they dehydrate right before shows to get that cut look. Then they get on stage and look big and strong but are weak as kittens from the dehydration. ;)

thanks!! what is CLA?
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member

thanks!! what is CLA?

Conjugated Linoleic Acid

It's actually a fat, but one of the essential fatty acids that helps the body want to burn more fat for fuel. It helps with cutting fat without the jitters of standard fat burners.
  • MeekMeals

thanks!! what is CLA?

Conjugated Linoleic Acid

It's actually a fat, but one of the essential fatty acids that helps the body want to burn more fat for fuel. It helps with cutting fat without the jitters of standard fat burners.

ok thanks