calling all runners and joggers

Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
So I was running yesterday and it got me to thinking. Whenever I see people running I always wonder what they are thinking of. What do you think of when you run, also what do you think of to keep yourself going when you are getting tired? When I get tired I picture myself running with ease, almost springing like a deer, they make it look so easy. So whats your thoughts?

Replies

• crasula
    crasula Posts: 53 Member
    Yeah this is a great question to all you runners out there.

I set myself distance objectives as a rule. Effectively I won't allow myself to stop running until I've done my 5-6 miles. It just keeps me going and stops that little voice in my head telling me "it's ok to stop now, you've run enough for the day".
    I often find i put more energy into that last sprint to hit the distance quite literally to make sure i don't give up. It's quite fulfilling i find after.

As for what i think about, i use running time to think through work issues, planning my day and on the odd occasion fantasizing I'm playing soccer for my favorite team at a crucial moment in the game. It's funny how your mind goes but it helps to make that hour tick by quickly as boredom is the killer with running once you've mastered the physical and mental challenge.

It's great fun though and it's the best way to loose weight quickly!
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Even though I listen to music, my mind wonders a lot! I usually think about my business and what I still need to do for the day. Usually its, "I shouldn't be running, I need to do a, b and c...so I better hurry up and finish!" LoL
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    I process the day and think about what is going on with work. When I get tired and think about stopping, I think about crossing the finish line at a race. Keeps me going. When I am outside, I go to a busy street. I NEVER want someone to see me stop and walk! Pride gets me through sometimes! LOL
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    I run at a fitness trail in a city park. It is beautiful and lots of runners are there. Some times I think of how I don't want to seem slow so I speed up and cannot let people see me stop. Sometimes I day dream about various scenarios and fantasies.... like living in olden times and the path is a village and I'm excercising to stay fit in case there is an invasion. I dunno, kinda corny, but it makes it fun. I have a vivid imagination. Also, sometimes I just push it past each mile allowing myself to stop if I REALLY need to. I usually don't.
This discussion has been closed.