Im ready to tell my story...................

Options
As a child I was overweight ,it started at about 9 years old. I wasn't very heavy, but I was heavy enough , I played H.S football ,ate a lot and was very active, but that was the start of trouble. As I got older I still ate a lot and became less active, by 17 I weighted 290 pounds , only reason i can remember is because I had gotten really sick and went to the doctors. I couldn't eat for 2 weeks and I ened up losing 20 pounds in that time. So lets fast forward to my early 20's I was averaging 240-250 through my 20's till I was 27 then I weighted 235 pounds. At that point I felt pretty good, hell 235 pounds, very active 6 feet 2 inches tall I was at what I thought was a good weight for me.

Then came the early 30's I discovered online gaming ! so I sit and play and eat junk,drink junk. I did that till I was 37 years old, time had blown by so fast I woke up one day 330 pounds and 8 years later, must have been on auto pilot all this time because I barely remember any thing other than smoking people and laughing at the whine about how I was cheating. Eventually I got tired of playing games, bored with it. I had nothing left to do really and it was depressing ,wasn't working, wasn't doing anything ,felt pretty much like a waste of space. >>>>>>>>>>>>> FAST FORWARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

this was me at 330 pounds 2 years ago at Disney World with my family
( now the dates on the camera are wrong because, was just to lazy to set the dates for my wife )

1552302_9526.jpg
1552302_1222.jpg

This was me on July 18th 2010 , the day before I decided to really lose weight and get into shape

(Have to find that photo post in few hours )

This is me about 2 months ago at 210, this when when I decide to go strictly weight training, that whole time I was losing weight I was also working out on the bowflex to keep me from losing so much muscle, little did I realize at the time I was finding a new hobby.

1552302_2951.jpg

This is me this morning at 203.8 pounds and this is the most important photo of me, because it shows me, that Im doing ok :0)

1552302_8873.jpg

I can't stress enough to those of you that failed over and over again, I also failed many times, I just kept pushing, forgot about yesterday and focused on today and seems that got me though it just fine. If i can be of any help just message me and I will do my best to help. Im no expert of any sorts, I just can share personal experiences and failures and triumphs and maybe this can help to motivate you. Bottom line is if you want to do it, you can ,only thing holding you back is yourself.

Good Luck to all of you in your personal journeys ,may you all succeed in reaching your goals..

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    make the IMG lower case :D
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    WOW, what a change! kudos.
  • jasonweinberg
    jasonweinberg Posts: 270
    Options
    awesome! congrats!
  • kellytime
    kellytime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You look great and good for you.:smile:
    I love these stories.
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I'm sure a lot of us can relate to your story. Thanks for sharing.
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! This is amazing, and really inspirational - thanks for posting :)
  • KKButter
    KKButter Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    congrats !!!! that is truly amazing thank you for sharing your story :)
  • dlm10
    dlm10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you for telling us your inspiring story. Best wishes to you!
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Great story!!! U are so inspirational :) U look great!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Now you look like you can pwn some n00bz IRL. :happy: You rock!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    wow excellent job
  • sheree1984
    sheree1984 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing:smile:
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    wow what a fantastic story! you look great!
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    wow you look so greaat!!!!
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, amazing journey, amazing attitude and amazing YOU!
    Thanks for sharing your story, you are doing wonderful!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    Congrats! You've done an amazing job and you're right in your advice, all of the hard work pays off when we just keep pushing!
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    ******** AMAZING*****

congrats to you and thank you for sharing with us. Sometimes we let daily life around us take over without realizing that we aren't really living life to the fullest. It is sad that it took 8 long years...but wonderful...that you did before it became 9 or 10yrs.

Your transformation is amazing...and just think of the time it has given back to you and your family.

All the best
    Goaliema
  • fzia
    fzia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    amazing!! congrats
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!! SO happy for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!