Brides on a Mission: MAY

Options

Replies

• Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!!! I just started my diet and workout routine for my August 2012 destination wedding.. vegas baby!!! I'm looking forward to all the great motivation!

1. Name: Jen
    2. Age: 26
    3. City: Columbus, OH (cornfed Columbus.. ugh!)
    4. Occupation: bridal shop manager (ironic!)
    5. Wedding date: August 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Doug
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2 1/2 years
    8. Heaviest weight: right now! 240!!! ah!
    9. Goal weight and date: 175 by August of 2012 (Smaller would be better, but I'm trying to be realistic!)
    10. Favorite type of exercise: eliptical
    11. Favorite healthy food: n/a .. jk! raspberries.. yum!

Heres my confession.. I already have my wedding gown! Working in a bridal shop causes you to jump the gun a little lol.. but its a drop waist trumpet style and its about 2 sizes small at the moment :( I can't wait until the day I can put it on and it laces up just right... lets do this ladies!

Welcome to the group! Fellow Ohioan here. Awesome that you already have your wedding dress, what great motivation!!!
  • klwalton88
    klwalton88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission:MAY
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.5lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: Made it through Day 1 of Week 2 Couch to 5K.
    3. Lowlight of the past week: We're buying a house and it was supposed to close today, but it isn't going to happen.
    4. Any wedding news updates: I got a quote for all of the table, chair, linens, glasses, silverware and plates rentals.
    5. Weekly wrap up: Started week week 2 of Couch to 5K. I did pretty dang good. I didn't have to stop and walk during any of the running parts.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to type all of that out for me!!! :)) I really really appreciate it and I will take what you say into deep consideration when I am doing my workouts and eating habits!!! Everything you said made complete sense and things that I can or should be doing!!! Thanks so much....you cannot imagine how hard this is for me (or better yet you can LOL) and how many times I have tried this and just give up becuz food is like my weakness but now I am in the one year mark of the wedding and I want to change and I want to do this and look amazing on my wedding day and make changes to my life foreve and do this and feel good in my skin and in my body!!! :)) soo thanks for taking the time out to give me tips and all that jazz!!! I have saved your list on my computer soo I can refer to it anytime!!! Thanks so much!!!! :)) <3 and you are right we can do this!!!!

You are very welcome!! This group is the reason I got as far as I did. I had a few months where I kind of stopped using the forums at all on MFP, but prior to that it was my weekly check ins with the other brides that kept me motivated and going! You're going to do awesome and you're already gorgeous!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey Brides!

My scale broke this weekend so I will do my checkin next week. Lets hope I see a loss!

We went and looked at a venue on Tuesday and I kind of fell in love with it. We are looking at one more tomorrow and then we might be able to make a decision! I can't wait to have the venue picked out so I can relax a little and start working on the fun stuff. I already have my colors, Pink and Green :love:

We are having our engagement party on may 28th and I bought a new pink dress for the occasion, I will post a pic as soon as I can. I actually ordered the dress online so I am hoping and crossing my fingers that it fits good and I don't have to exchange it. We are supposed to get our engagement photos soon.
  • kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    Options
    Oops! I meant to quote kalebsmama on that!
    You look gorgeous! Congrats on the marriage! :-) It makes me want mine to get here faster! Again, you looked amazing...so happy for you!

thanks...hun had the best day and was very happy any tears u seen in the pics were happiness..<3 =) im sure your wedding will be amazing ....i wish i could plan mine all over again n redo it...=) i had so much fun and anticipation getting to the day....once it came n gone i was sad lol....like xmas n when it comes ur bummed cuz u waitied for that day all month lol
  • ChrissyinATL
    ChrissyinATL Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Can I join this "group"?? So happy to have found it!

1. Name: Chrissy
    2. Age: 33
    3. City: Atlanta
    4. Occupation: HR
    5. Wedding date: November 2011!
    6. Fiancés name: Sean
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2.5 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 217 (3-4 years ago), currently starting at 195 (started MFP a week ago!)
    9. Goal weight and date: Not sure yet.
    10. Favorite type of exercise: StairMaster, running
    11. Favorite healthy food: Greek Yogurt, lately!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Had my second and final bridal shower yesterday. This one wasn't a surprise. Great time! It was held at my favorite cafe and we had paninis (sp?) and a veggie tray, lots of wine and coffee. MMM. I'm feeling overwhelmed by the thank you cards I need to do now, though! Still planning on hitting the gym tonight to make up for yesterday's splurge.:-)

Only about 26 days until the big day! Seems surreal, but I'm still so excited!

Shannon
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bridalicious Boot Camp DVDs

I just got an email about this set of DVD's and I am wondering if anyone else had heard of these!!! It says it focuses on arms and back (which are two areas I am wondering about??) I have also been doing Turbo Fire/Zumba and Running (on the days I workout) and wondering if I should throw this into the mix?? Anyone else heard of this and have an opinion???
  • klwalton88
    Options

I just got an email about this set of DVD's and I am wondering if anyone else had heard of these!!! It says it focuses on arms and back (which are two areas I am wondering about??) I have also been doing Turbo Fire/Zumba and Running (on the days I workout) and wondering if I should throw this into the mix?? Anyone else heard of this and have an opinion???

I just got the same email and I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone done it?
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options

I just got the same email and I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone done it?

Nope I have not heard of it. Curious if someone has done it?
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Sorry I still haven't checked in. I am not sure where I was last week because my scale was all messed up but I plan to start fresh on Friday, my WI day and update everyone! Yay.
  • klwalton88
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0 but at least I didn't gain.
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): We are moving into our new house!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I have a cold. Boo.
    4. Any wedding news updates: I haven't been able to do anything for the wedding this week. It has been all about the house.
    5. Weekly wrap up: I just finished Week 2 of C25K and I'm looking forward to starting Week 3. Hopefully this cold will go away and the cleaning at the old place will go fast.
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm so late this week I think I'm just going to do a double post next week. Is everyone embroiled in wedding planning like I am?
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    We just got our marriage license! As I went into the courthouse, I almost felt like a 12 year old doing something VERY adult.*LOL* Three weeks to go!

I've been down about gaining a few pounds. I think I'm basically on a maintaining diet and exercise plan at this point. I'm too busy for anything else!:-P

Shannon
  • kgs0201
    Options
    Only 20 days to go!!!! Spent hours shopping this weekend looking for the perfect rehearsal dinner dress! Finally found it at White House Black Market, but the smallest size they had was a 4 and it was TOO big!! So my mom and I searched all over for the rest of the day but nothing came even close to competing with the first dress. So I called around and they had it in a size 0 at another location near us but the closest size 2 was over an hour away. Went to the close store with the size 0, tried it on...and it fit PERFECTLY. The 2 would have been too big as well! Here's a picture of the dress and I'll post pictures from the rehearsal dinner with me wearing it after the wedding!!!

WHBMSwirlDress.png
  • kgs0201
    Options
    We just got our marriage license! As I went into the courthouse, I almost felt like a 12 year old doing something VERY adult.*LOL* Three weeks to go!

I've been down about gaining a few pounds. I think I'm basically on a maintaining diet and exercise plan at this point. I'm too busy for anything else!:-P

Shannon

This is on our list of things to do this week!!! I know what you mean about feeling so adult! When I was shopping for a rehearsal dinner dress I was asked at three different stores if i was looking for my graduation dress... haha no I'm 24 years old. I graduated from high school 6 years ago. LOL
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this! I have been on a mission since Sept 2010 to get in shape for my wedding. About to hit 50 pounds lost!

1. Name: Nichole
    2. Age: 24
    3. City: Clearlake Oaks
    4. Occupation: House wife in training
    5. Wedding date: 9-2-11
    6. Fiancés name: Lonnie
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2 1/2 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 250
    9. Goal weight and date: would love to be 180 for my wedding but anything under 200 would be awesom
    10. Favorite type of exercise: I am a Jillian Michaels dvd addict
    11. Favorite healthy food: Don't really have one.

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 5 pounds and 7.5 inches
    2. Highlight of the past week: Finishing my first round of 30 day shred!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Not being able to get in contact with one of my bridesmaids. She still doesn't have her dress and will not contact me. I don't know what to do
    4. Any wedding news updates: Sending out my invited in 2 days! Also I am doing my cake and flower consultations this week. EEP!
    5. Weekly wrap up: Worked my butt of like crazy, trying to tie up loose ends concerning my wedding.
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .5lb (I was on vacation, so I will take it!)

2. Highlight of the past week: Great relaxing weekend away with my mom and dad, probably the last time the 3 of us will have a weekend just us before the wedding.

3. Lowlight of the past week: Woke up with a tickle in my throat this morning, worried I am getting sick :grumble:

4. Any wedding news updates: Stuffed invitations with my mom and ordered our favors over the weekend!

5. Weekly wrap up: A good week. It was so nice to get away and relax. Now back to strict eating habits and working out. Less than 4 months to the wedding!
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: MAY

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: -1lb

2. Highlight of the past week: Didn't focus that much on my eating or working out but I really didn't have the time to do it (my days were running 5am to 12am), so I guess it was a smart choice.

3. Lowlight of the past week: Super stressful week. Lots of stuff to do at work, high stress level, and lots of wedding stuff too. Everything in my life (which is a lot. I'm doing school part-time, working full time with 2 part-time jobs, volunteering once a week, and planning this wedding) seemed to get busy all at once.

4. Any wedding news updates: We had our tasting last week and the food was amazing! We didn't get to try everything that will be on the menu (1 appy and the vegetarian option) but everything else was perfect :smile:

5. Weekly wrap up: Back to being focused about my eating and working out. I've been slacking and I'm starting to feel it.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Hey all-

Sorry I haven't been active on the board this month at all. I am just so busy concentrating on passing nursing school and my state boards!

I will not be continuting to post brides on a mission. I just dont have the time and then I get stressed thinking about it. I am surprised I even thought about today being the last day of the month! I am glad I didn't just "fall of the earth" and leave eveyone hanging for June.

Anyone is more then welcome to start up their own Brides on a mission board. Thank you to all who have joined! I really enjoyed being a part of this for the past few months!

-Natalie