Low Cal/Carb Drinks?

Options
KnottyJen
KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
I'm going out with some of the girls from work tonight to celebrate a coworker's upcoming marriage. I'd like to have a drink with everyone, but I don't want to skip dinner, just so I can squeeze a drink in to my calories for the day. I'm not a beer drinker, so light beer is out. Anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks!!

Replies

• hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Diet Coke
    Vodka and water

or anything with Diet coke- then it is just the calories from the hard stuff....check the database...they have most of the boozes in there!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Vodka and club soda? Or a glass of wine? Not sure, I haven't drank in about six months, lol.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    rum and diet coke--but just one---as drinking our calories is just not a good idea.

Water with a twist of lemon and 1 pack of sweet and low = free lemonade
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    If you like mixed drinks, you could ask for the diet version. Like rum and diet coke or gin and diet tonic (if they have it) or my fave, vodka and diet ginger ale. Dry red wine is another decent alternative. You could also aim for a leaner, less calorie dinner to help offset the calories of drinking. Good luck! It's hard trying to socialize and stick to dieting. Sometimes I just pass on these events b/c I don't trust my willpower.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic - really low in calaries and lovely and refreshing. My drink of choice even when I'm not calorie counting :)
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hard cider. It's like a lite beer but tastes so much better! And is generally cheap. Most bars will carry Woodchuck's Hard Cider.
  • MEMALIE
    MEMALIE Posts: 2
    Options
    vodka is pretty low in calories and carbs, i drink it on the rock or with a twist. you can also add to diet soda if you do not like the taste of straight vodka. i stay away from sugar sodas and juicesas mixers. be careful of wine. it is good for you in moderation - but the calories and carbs can really add up fast!