GoWear Fit- HRM...

Options
ashxo12
ashxo12 Posts: 67 Member
I am thinking about getting the GoWear fit Lifestyle and Calorie Management System. Its an armband that does a number of things:

"Your armband is a small computer that measures a variety of physical characteristics, including motion, steps, galvanic skin response, skin temperature, and heat flux. It's the only multi-sensor monitor that can accurately track:
Calorie burn
Physical activity
Steps taken
Sleep duration
Sleep efficiency "

I really want to accurately measure my calories burned, without wearing the chest strap. Has anyone ever had any experience with these? What are your opinions on them??

Replies

• sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I was lucky to be able to use a friends for a few weeks. I'm glad I didn't pay for it. I really only needed it for about 2-4 weeks to get accurate data. And I didn't like the food logging. I would say, to see if you can find a place to rent them instead. I know they're out there, but I don't have any websites off-hand.
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have one of these little beauties! I love it!

I love seeing my sleep efficiency. I love checking my calories burned for each and every minute of the day. And I also like their food tracking system better than here (sorry MFP).

It's very easy to wear, I have gotten a different band and a 'skin" for the BMF (BodyMedia Fit it's called here) to make it more in tune with my style. I don't notice it at all during the day and only take it off to shower for the most part. It charges through the computer while it's syncing the information to it, so that's great. I typically hook it up when I'm showering and that works great!

I find the caloric burnt o be very accurate, much better than using the "guestimates" for online and MFP calculators.
  • trhonda2011
    trhonda2011 Posts: 35
    Options
    I owned one and currently looking for it in my home LOL! I loved it! I wore it all the time and felt like it really held me accountable. You don't have to use their food journal, but its definitely great for tracking calories burned. I can't wait to find my unit because I really can't afford to buy another one LOL.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I recently recieved the bodymedia fit. It is basically the same thing. I really like it. I was surprised by the number of calories I actually burn during the day. It was less than MFP was estimating, which explained my trouble losing weight.

The only problem is that when you wear short sleeves, it is visible. Even with long sleeves, it is bulky and visible.

I also don't like that you have to spend so much for them AND pay for the online membership. It is quite costly.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine:love::love: It is well worth every single penny spent! It takes the guesswork out of calories burned.

Plus it is a personal challenge to hit all of my goals each day. It tracks moderate exercise, vigorous exercise, steps taken and calories burned, and tracks my sleep too!

Personally, I don't think the food tracking part of their program is too bad. Then again, I tend to eat the same things over and over, so it's easy to just copy the day before to today.
  • nctj
    nctj Posts: 36
    Options
    I've been looking into getting one too and also had questions..is it necessary to pay for a subscription? I know the body bugg it said something about a 6 month subscription.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    I've been looking into getting one too and also had questions..is it necessary to pay for a subscription? I know the body bugg it said something about a 6 month subscription.

Yes, you have to get the subscription so you can upload your information to their website. But $6 a month is totally worth it!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It's 12.95/month for the monthly subscription. The price goes down if you dedicate 6 months or a year. However, if you leave the contract early there is a $60 fee. All new subscribers get up to 3 months free.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    I pay $6.95 a month, they take it out of my account once a month and yes, you do get the first 3 months free.