Hullo!

Options
Fr4z
Fr4z Posts: 26 Member
Well yet another new comer to this site. My main reason for signing up is the issue with food more than with exercise....my portion control is my single biggest problem and I have never really thought about the calories I consume, so I am finding the calories count very helpful. I have a couple of weddings to attend later in the summer, so the short term aim is to get back in my suit. Longer term I want to get back to my 'fighting weight' and learn to control food intake more. Any suggestions re foods etc would be greatly welcome as I get bored quickly with the same old lunchtime/dinner routine ( don't get me wrong I love all food but would appreciate and hints tips that folks may have). Best of luck to everyone losing the pounds and hope fully I can at last get the control back over my voracious appetite!

Replies

• KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.
    I'm pretty sure you will find about 99,9% of the members here to be nice and helpfull.

About tips or suggestions, well start small like drinking some Green Thee that stuff is rly good for you and low in Kcal replace stuff like Cola or other ''unhealty'' drinks with water(with flavor)/green thee stuff like that and just keep track of what you eat and drink and you will find yourself thinking twice before eating or not eating that extra cookie or piece of chocolate ^^

And best of luck with your voracius appetite ^^
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome :)
    the best thing i learnt was to get a set of measuring cups and use them for portion control, i used to just guess how much rice and pasta was one portion - turns out my one portion was actually the equivalent of 3.. :O so now i just use half a cup of pasta and just a quarter of a cup of rice.. a lot easier :)
    good luck
  • Fr4z
    Fr4z Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes thanks folks, already my eyes have been opened as to the number of calories some food items hold some of which I have been really surprised by. And like you mentioned Montana simple measure techniques make it a lot easier to maintain.

Cheers.