i gained weight

Options
yep... thats what happened. i didnt exercise once over the weekend and i didnt eat healthy. i always eat better and exercise during the week, but once saturday rolls around its all downhill from there. i had a 1.2 gain, but i knew i had a lot of sodium yesterday so i drank like 3 bottles of water this morning before i got to work (we all weigh in when we get to work) i took a major pee before i weighed and i had gained 1.2!! so about an hour later i weighed again (after another major pee. lol) and it was only a .4 gain. either way im not happy with it at all. i know its all my fault tho. i exercised 4 days, but it was only the shred. i need to get more exercise in since the shred is only 20 minutes long. im just so exhausted afterwards, i dont want to do anything else. jillian is BRUTAL!! i feel like crap!

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Weekends can be tough...don't beat yourself up, just get back with it today. Don't be surprised by your weight gain, because you knew you didn't eat healthy and didn't exercise.
    PLAN for next weekend, and perhaps you can lose through the weekend too.
    Weekends are tough for me, and May will be brutal......Graduations EVERY weekend. That being said, I'm trying to be extra good during the week!
    Kaye
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    The sodium will make you retain water. Give it another day or two and step on the scales again. If weekends are typically bad, maybe move your weigh-in day to Wednesday.
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Please don't get down on yourself. It happens. It's a new day, a new week. Start fresh with a positive attitude and you can get back on track.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day or two from time to time. Don't let it get you down. You're doing great! Just keep at it.
  • jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    Weekends are my downfall also but I say 5 good days outnumber 2 bad.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    My "weight" goes up after I eat loads of carbs. Or tons of sodium. Or don't drink enough water. Or eat really late at night. A couple of days later, it's all back to normal.

Patience and look at the BIG picture.
  • howellco
    howellco Posts: 22
    Options
    I had a bad weekend too! One my be good friends came to visit, and I had not seen her in over 3 years as she is in the military! I am in the same boat with you on the sodium leve. I had to move my weigh-ins to Tuesday or Wednesday as a Monday weigh-in is always bad, and I end up getting discouraged! It has helped, but I am also trying to be extra good during the week as the summer time is coming and weekends only get harder for me, with cookouts, boating and vacations! Yikes!

My advice, is it's a new day, a new week, and a new weigh in is coming your way! Let's make this one a better one, and lose double of what we gained!!
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Seems like the bottles of water before the weigh-in may have played a part in the #'s on the scale.
    When I know that I'm taking in a lot of sodium, I try and drink EveryDay Detox tea. It's a herbal diuretic and it
    will have ya going ;) Good luck on your weight loss!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I gained a little this weekend also even though I did exercise, but I enjoyed every minute of that weight gain. On Saturday I went to my first wine festival. I enjoyed myself. On Sunday went to grandma's. Mother's Day is like Thanksgiving....the table was full and I ate, rested and ate a little more lol. This allowance was well worth it!

Well back to the grind.
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    Weekends are my downfall also but I say 5 good days outnumber 2 bad.
    Snap!!!i work hard all week but i let myself lapse on weekends!!! im hoping i balances out!!I have been at this now for over 3 years and am now trying to maintain!so need some chill out time!!!But have noticed some weight gain over the last few mths :0( ppl say mess ya exrcise routine up ect but i love the classes i do and when my frozen shoulder started had to give some up but missed them so much have now gone back to boxersize and pump and am just grinning and bearing the pain!!
  • jenniferlspies
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over a gain, the weight will go down again and you can't always control the gains. It was just one weekend out of what will become a life of healthy living. I gained a pound last week, even though I exercised and was under my calorie goal. But, I kept on eating the same way and today I found out I lost 2.5 pounds. The body is crazy sometimes, and you can't always control what it will do.

If you like Jillian Michaels, but want a longer workout, you could try her Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD. It's about an hour altogether, but there's 7 circuits so you can pick and choose how long you want to work out for by skipping some of the circuits. I know for sure there's two kickboxing inspired circuits, an ab circuit and a calesthetics (jumping jacks, high knees, ect) circuit, but I can't remember what the other ones are. It's tough, but also a great longer workout.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    It usually takes me a couple of days to get rid of water retention. I've seen as much as 5 lbs from a bad weekend. Your weight will drop. Don't worry.

Also, water is freaking heavy. It would be a good idea not to drink so much water before a weigh in. Even if you pee, you still won't get rid of it all. (As you saw from the two weigh ins you did)
  • Angiebug1969
    Angiebug1969 Posts: 152
    Options
    Something else to keep in mind... especially doing such TOUGH workouts... is to NEVER, and I mean EVER, get on the scales if you have muscle sorenss. That's one way your body is telling you that there is water weight & muscle repair going on! Your muscles will retain water while they're healing & repairing.

After running the marathon on May 1st... then having two really heavy workouts working on our fence this week... I THOUGHT I'd given my body enough days to heal & get rid of the water weight. I was wrong! I stepped on the scales Saturday morning and was up about 3 lbs!! CRAP! I mean, just within 7 days... I'd BURNED over 5000 calories - EASY! And there's no way I'd consumed nearly enough calories to do anything BUT lose a couple of pounds.

So, I grabbed my tape measure & checked different points on my legs & ankles (I'm pretty meticulous about keeping track of my measurements)... and JUST like I'd expected, my legs were still swollen. I think I'll give myself another week before stepping back on the scales!

Hang in there & try to keep everything in perspective! :happy:
    Angie
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    This is why my weigh in is Saturday mornings. I always "gain" sodium weight over the weekend.