Hungry Girl ...not just for girls!

Options
Hey All-

I have become a true believer in 'Hungry Girl.' She cooks real food with low-cal substitutes. I have purchased most of her books which I highly recommend. I especially love her book titled "200 Recipes under 200 Calories." Her books provide the calorie counts for you because she works alongside with the WeightWatchers system.

Best of all, she provides recipes & everyday tips through her free email subscription. The meals are great and very easy!

Here's the link: http://www.hungry-girl.com/

Enjoy!

Replies

• cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO MUCH!!
  • MommaKitonet
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. A friend shared her with me and I never thought about posting it here, but it is a great idea!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I agree and lots of good advice!
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    her new one 300 under 300 is really awesome too!!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Nice! Thanks for sharing...I am so focused on eating "normal" with adjustments!!!!! So I can/will be successful forever! I will def look at her site!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have to say I really, really dislike this website. The search function completely sucks and the food isn't even organized into categories i.e. desserts, drinks etc. Considering all the food items also have very unique names it really isn't user friendly.

That and the fact that she uses soooooooooo much processed food it's a good substitute dessert but eating natural if possible is always preferred.

It's a good jump-start if you have never cooked healthy before but move away from the processed foods when you can.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I tried her Tutti Fruitti Biscuits last week and they were amazingly tasty and filling! I wasn't expecting them to be that filling. Hungry Girl rocks!
  • jcl1981
    jcl1981 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hungrygirl rocks!!! i have personally used her advice and recipes for my own weight loss, over 95 lbs! She is a lifesaver and truly a genius, who would have though to used fiber one cereal to oven fry chicken or onion rings? Anyway, if you havent been there yet, stop and go right now!
  • Adrianamdelacruz
    Options
    I love love love HG! I bought her 300 under 300 cookbook a week ago and I have already made several recipes. Also, my boyfriend has eaten (and not complained that it tastes too low cal lol) every recipe I have made. I especially love the egg mugs, faux fried green beans, inside out turkey tamale pie and Yum yum brownie muffins! I made her Exploding chicken taquitos for dinner tonight and we both enjoyed them, not to mention,..they were filling!
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I've already found a few recipes I'm going to try out!