Calorie Cycling?

Options
Anyone tried this? Also, do you eat back your exercise calories? Since it asks for your activity level when giving you the calorie amounts for each day I assume you don't. I am using this site to get my calorie counts. (http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm) Any advice on this is appreciated!

Replies

• kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The activity level you're entering is for your metabolic rate, how many calories you need just to do day-to-day things. The calculator gives you a rough estimate on what your daily budget should be to achieve your goal weight. So, yes, you need to eat back your calories to get you back up to your alloted calorie budget if you're exercising on top of your normal daily activities. I don't always eat them all back, but you need to eat at least some, if not most, of them back.
  • KaraHB
    KaraHB Posts: 9
    Options
    I would say that you need to eat back enough so that you don't have more than a 1,000 calorie deficit, which is the point at which you go into starvation mode. I am loving the cycling because on the days I don't feel so hungry, I just don't eat as much, and on the days I'm hungrier, I get to eat a little more. Been doing it a week and have lost a pound.
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! Maybe I will try to eat enough calories back to be above net 1200.