Dont get much support at home

Options
Hey everyone! I joined here looking for support and motivation. I'm pretty much doing this on my own. I get some support from my sister but rarely any from the person i live with. I've changed the way i eat and work out 6 days a week. I'm just looking for friend who will help me when i start to get discouraged.

Thanks!
Staci

Replies

• anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 11 lbs down - if you're looking for support, you're in the right place :smile:
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I will say that once your family sees what you are doing....they might surprise you and jump on board with what you're doing....I start on MFP in January and in the last month, my two sisters, and brother in law are now on here and making efforts to be more active and live healthier.....but if not....this is a great place to get encouragement and inspiration....
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    stay motivated!!! you can add me if you like...
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I agree ith JesaGrace. I feel like I'm the only one trying even though all my family needs to jump in and lose some lbs! So I am so glad that I've found this sight. Everyone here is so nice!
  • ladyeyessogreen
    ladyeyessogreen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling as well. I live alone, but socializing is very difficult since not many around me have the dietary issues that I do. Hard to socialize when all of my "drugs of choice"(sugars, carbs, etc) are being pushed on me.

For the most everyone here is helpful and motivational. Add me if you would like as well.
  • pizzygirltx
    pizzygirltx Posts: 96
    Options
    Friend request sent. I am in the same boat as you. My boyfriend says he "loves me just the way I am" and is very quick to encourage to be lazy. I am doing this on my own and have found that MFP friends are great for motivation and support.
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options
    I totally understand. My bf believes that the way to my heart is through my stomach and is always trying to feed me! Not to mention he is on the 100,000 calorie a day plan, rofl.
    My DD20 is doing this with me, though, so that helps.