Dressing Room suprise

Options
crbruner
crbruner Posts: 12 Member
I went shopping a few days ago and decided I should buy a cheap pair of shorts or jeans that were about a size smaller than what I thought I could wear. The idea being that I could try them on occasionally and see if I was getting closer to were I'd like to be. I pick out a size 7 pair of cute summery shorts. My goal is to be a 5 a healthy size for my 5'0 frame. So off to the dressing room I go with a few size 11's and my 7's. I try the 11's on and they are a little big to my suprise. I was a size 13 last summer and a tight 11 when I began MFP. So I figure cool I can move down to a 9, I grab the 7's and think humm, let's just see how far I have to go.... I slip into the 7's and have to conceal an excited squel. They fit, now don't get me wrong they weren't a perfect fit but they buttoned and I could breath. I still have a ways to go, definatly still have to get rid of the post baby muffin top, but I could not believe I was making so much progress! I went home and immediatly dragged out my some of my old jeans from highschool, they were a junior's size 9. And low and behold a perfect fit! I was begining to get a little down because my scale has been stuck at 140lbs for 2 weeks now but this has given me a little boost. Which I definatly needed.

Replies

• jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    sounds pretty awesome to me..
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Squealing in delight for you!
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yippee! I did the same thing last week. I grabbed a pair of size 8's from the rack cuz they looked "fit-able". Granted every manufacturer runs differently, but heck I will TAKE it! They are snug, but look good. I don't think I will ever be a true 8, but I have one pair of shorts that say I am!

Keep up the good work!
  • mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome!! Keep up the great work!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Hurray for you! Isn't that great! Keep working it!
  • ladyeyessogreen
    ladyeyessogreen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Awesome job!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had one of those epiphanies a while ago. It's great when you have success :-)
  • Blakemore1229
    Options
    GREAT job sound like we have the same frame type!! Gonna add you :)
  • IKnowICan
    IKnowICan Posts: 86
    Options
    Your story makes me smile!:happy: High Five :laugh: :drinker:
  • armywife121110
    Options
    thats awesome!!! I wish I was at that stage but I have to work at it a little at a time....
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV!
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I LOVE IT!
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Don't you just love those little victories in the daily battle that is fitness and weight loss!? Makes it all worth it!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yes, it stinks when the scale doesn't move, but you can't deny how great it feels when you fit into clothes from your past. That's a great indicator that you're shrinking. WTG!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!