Toning the tummy....

Options
without doing sit ups?! Is it possible? If so whats the best thing to do? Sit ups with or without a machine really hurt my back and i can manage maybe 10 then it really hurts. Ive been using some free weights to tone up my hips but ive noticed although im loosing weight and inches my tummy isnt shrinking as much as it needs to!

Replies

• chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    oooo yes - interested to see the responses to this! x
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Can you do standing abdominal exercises? They're like crunches or situps and oblique exercising but you never have to get on the floor and it doesn't hurt your back or your neck!

Check out this vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0efO4hh60c

I do this EVERY night and have been for 2 weeks. I feel a difference in my pants and tops!
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • princess_f
    princess_f Posts: 148
    Options
    i will check out that vid, thank you x
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    do planks- best exercise you can do to tighten your abs.
  • 3aBadkids
    3aBadkids Posts: 78
    Options
    bump
  • monky13grl
    monky13grl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    do planks- best exercise you can do to tighten your abs.

This is what I was going to say... Start on your elbows, then move one arm to your hand, have the other arm follow, and back down again (staggered of course). After about 10, switch the arms that you go up and down on. Then you can pull one arm up until your facing the wall instead of the floor, hold, and repeat on the other side. I do these during tv commercials. Good luck
  • FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I had a personal trainer once who said to try and use your core in every exercise you do. So whether lungs, presses, push-ups, or curls ou always want to tighten your core. He explained it as it helps to bring stability to the exercise and as an offshoot it works the core muscles also. Dunno how much truth is in that, but may be helpful...