Turbo fire Can obese people do it??

Options
Wanting to try Turbo fire, but I'm 250 pounds 5'3". Does anyone have suggestions as to if someone very over weight can do the workout? Now I know I can't go straight out of the gate expecting to following along, but is it something I can modify and achieve?

Any dance/kick boxing type videos that would be a good start?

Thanks!

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have Turbo Fire and yes I totally believe you can do it! I'm not going to lie....it is HARD! But if you know that going in and promise yourself you're going to give it all you can even at a starter level you'll be just fine. Yes you can modify the moves, in fact they have one person in the video always doing the modified version.
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yesss! Do only what you can at first. They have modified moves throughout. I started out with Turbo Jam and could barely get through the warm up. I added a bit on to each day and eventually I was able to do it all the way through. Maybe start with Turbo Jam to see if you like it (you can get it on Amazon for a good price). Before Turbo I did try Walk Away the Pounds DVDs to get into it,and they do burn a good amount of calories, but they left me wanting more.
  • jamara28
    jamara28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the reply! I've seen the commercials and I really like the music and the dance aspect of it. Not knowing what the workout set is like is great to get some feedback.
  • LuvlyBeinMe
    Options
    hi... i saw your post about turbo fire and being 250... If I can do it at 276 and 5'3... then i know you can...The weight has been coming off slowly... like as in on the scale BUT my body is changing so much that people are actually telling me that they see i am losing weight and my clothes are getting too big! I am now 276 and I started turbo fire a month ago at 288. I started out at 331 a year ago but i didn't even now turbofire existed until march 2011.. so I was walking, going to curves and then started tae bo... after about six months I started to get bored and was trying different workouts but they couldn't keep my interest. I even tried an insanity workout which was tough but i loved the intensity. i was going to order insanity and then i saw turbo fire. I was blown away b/c i love to dance anyway... i ordered it and it came quickly but i was so afraid to try it for 2 weeks. then after thinking ok i am just going to try and see where it goes.... b/c there is a prep schedule that prepares you if you are not up to the regular calender. I did the 1st dvd which is on the prep and the regular schedule called fire 30... i LOVED it and have ever since. i wanted to kick myself for holding off for those 2 weeks. I LOVE TURBOFIRE! I didn't do the prep and went ahead and have been doing the regular schedule. let me tell you that it has not been easy... when i started i followed the young lady (Alee) who does the modified versions that you will see in all of the workouts. now.. a month later I can do some of the jumps and similar things that were just too hard before b/c I am getting stronger and stronger everyday. trust that you will actually feel sore some days with muscles you never knew existed but then you will really notice yourself getting strong...so it's a good thing i will tell you the truth.. this is hard work but if you're serious you will notice the results.... so DO NOT let weight hold you back. I do not know your fitness level and what you are able to take but if you think that you can do this make sure you have a great sports bra, shock absorbing sneakers, and some sweat bands! blessings to you and yours while you journey along!
  • humglum
    humglum Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What is turbo fire? I looked on youtube but only saw a few kickboxing type moves. Is that what the whole workout is?
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I tried TF and found it too hard, so I did Turbo Jam first to get more fit. I had no cardiovascular endurance at all when I started, and that (not my weight) was what stopped me from going right into TF. I still plan to do TF, but I'm doing less cardio right now and focusing more on weights with ChaLEAN Extreme. YMMV, but I've definitely noticed more changes in my body since I started doing weights.