HELP!!!!!

I am currently 174 and I gained 3 punds in one week due to that time of the month:grumble: . I had my goals set at losing 2 pounds a week and wanted to be at 120. Well, I am losing about 1 pound per week but I excercie daily and I eat only what this thing says I should in cals, sodium, all that. I changed it from 2 pounds per week to one pound and my cal intake changed from 1200 to 1400 so should I do that? SHould I change it so it is up 200 cals even though I have lost so far but have hit some rough spots like this week with going up? I am so confused.:cry:

Replies

• PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    I am currently 174 and I gained 3 punds in one week due to that time of the month:grumble: . I had my goals set at losing 2 pounds a week and wanted to be at 120. Well, I am losing about 1 pound per week but I excercie daily and I eat only what this thing says I should in cals, sodium, all that. I changed it from 2 pounds per week to one pound and my cal intake changed from 1200 to 1400 so should I do that? SHould I change it so it is up 200 cals even though I have lost so far but have hit some rough spots like this week with going up? I am so confused.:cry:
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Don't sweat putting on water weight, I tend to gain 3-5 pounds that week. It's hard to stay off the scale, but I try to make myself do that when I KNOW I'm going to be up some. Your health & weight loss are a journey, not a destination. You have to make smart choices for the rest of your life. You didn't gain weight overnight, don't expect to drop it quickly. Losing weight too fast is unhealthy. Shoot for 1-2 pounds per week, so you lose 3 one week & 1 the next, no big deal, right? Make sure you are drinking plenty of water to keep the extra flushed out of your system. You've done great so far, 21 pounds is nothing to ignore. One pound at a time...and avoid that scale "that time of the month." All it does is make you feel crummy and want to eat poorly, when you are probably already craving that not-so-good-for-you stuff.

Keep working hard,
    Stephanie
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Don't start stressing, you will make it worse. I think you should just stay the course, you haven't really hit a plateau, it's just that great time of the month.

Maybe you could jump some rope in the evenings for about 15 to 20 min, but don't add the exercise to your post. Just do something else everyday for about 30 min and don't make it work; make it fun like a hobby. But keep your regular exercise for your posts and calorie count.

A lot of times you just need to change it up and confuse your body.

Don't let it get to you! You are doing great!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Don't sweat putting on water weight, I tend to gain 3-5 pounds that week. It's hard to stay off the scale, but I try to make myself do that when I KNOW I'm going to be up some. Your health & weight loss are a journey, not a destination. You have to make smart choices for the rest of your life. You didn't gain weight overnight, don't expect to drop it quickly. Losing weight too fast is unhealthy. Shoot for 1-2 pounds per week, so you lose 3 one week & 1 the next, no big deal, right? Make sure you are drinking plenty of water to keep the extra flushed out of your system. You've done great so far, 21 pounds is nothing to ignore. One pound at a time...and avoid that scale "that time of the month." All it does is make you feel crummy and want to eat poorly, when you are probably already craving that not-so-good-for-you stuff.

Keep working hard,
    Stephanie
    Whoa-- go Stephanie-- great advice. I'm currently at "that time," well the pre part anyway-- and I, too, know I'm going to be up 3-5, so I'm not weighing till next week. I'm doing everything great, exercising, watching calories-- I'm not going to bum myself out with a "gain" when I know it's not legitimate.

Just keep swimming-- !!
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member

Keep working hard,
    Stephanie
    Thank you for this and you were totally right since I weighed myself this AM I made some pretty poor choices today. But still should I keep it at 2 pounds or move it to one a week, now it says 1330. which I could live with.