Couch to 5K

Options
2»

Replies

• JLaSoul333
    JLaSoul333 Posts: 8
    Options
    How is it going for you? I am starting today after work. I am a bundle of nerves (running has NEVER been my thing, but I want to make it my thing). Are you seeing a difference in your ability in the fourth week? Keep up the good work!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Go you! I'm doing c25k. When I started it, I was sooo nervous. Hadn't run since freshman year of high school (so about 20 years). Now I'm almost done with week 7.
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I just completed W1D3 yesterday. Will start W2D1 Wednesday. My body is sore and I need better shoes but I wont let that stop me. I just take it easy.

I have never been a runner, not even when I was in boot camp. Didnt know the proper breathing techniques and never would drink enough water. I think I am ready now. :-)
  • berriman
    berriman Posts: 15
    Options
    Congratulations! You'll be surprised how quickly you improve if you keep it up!

Last April (2010) I was unfit and hadn't done any fitness stuff for years. I started the C25K app on my phone, and the first time out I was ruined! I couldn't believe I struggled to run for 60 second bursts... anyway, I stuck with the program, and once I got to the third or fourth week, I actually started to look forward to going out for runs!

To cut a long story short, I completed the app, went on to run a 10K run, and then completed a half marathon in September, and am now running a marathon in two weeks time. Well, I'm going to try and run a marathon in two weeks time!

Basically, stick with the C25K and in a couple of weeks you'll enjoy and you'll see improvements pretty quickly!
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    good work!
  • mad8588
    mad8588 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good job, keep it up! Just started week 8 today myself. Believe me it goes by fast.
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know how rewarding that first day was! Its the same for the first day of every new week... I just rand week4 day 2 today... and am amazed at my stamina so far... I feel like I can keep running when the app beeps to tell me to walk.... and I have never ran a day in my life.... I now consider myself a runner... I got bitten by the running bug last week :) I love goin out and sure it sucks at times, but the feeling that I physically and mentally pushed myself to complete it.... its the best feeling... If I can have control over that I can have control over my eating, and over my weight loss journey! Good luck!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    congrats I did my 4th day of training, a 5k in 43min so far with the walk n'run couch to 5k
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!