Dreamfields Pasta reviews??

Options
ndhr3d
ndhr3d Posts: 45 Member
A coworker just pointed this product out to me as a LOW carb substitute for pasta! It IS pasta, but has 5g of protein, 5g of carbs and 5g of fiber per serving making it the most ridiculously good for you pasta ever!

I was wanting some input as to taste and if anyone can vouch for the health benefits?? I love pasta and have been staying away from it because carbs are evil to me... was hoping this was a good way to eat my spaghetti without worrying so much about carb intake!

Replies

• Last_15
    Last_15 Posts: 129
    Options
    I don't know if the low carb claim on the box is true or not, but I do know that the texture and flavor of this pasta is AMAZING ~ beyond good!! It is totally worth the extra money in my opinion!

It is not gritty like whole wheat pasta (yuck).
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My roommate's sister used this, until we actually compared a whole wheat pasta next to it. I can't remember what the reasoning was, but after doing some reading and some research on the internet, so decided to stick with whole wheat pasta instead of the Dreamfields pasta.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I've had it and don't care for it at all. It's been a long time, so don't really remember if it was taste or consistancy, but won't buy it again. I just use whole grain/whole wheat pasta.
  • marthab428
    marthab428 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It has been recommended to us for a child with Type 1 Diabetes (insulin dependent) - research seems to be sound on the carb counts - it's one of our favorites as well!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The benefits are it's lower glycemic index, so it converts to sugar more slowly than regular pasta, even whole wheat pasta by the looks of the label. I tried it recently and the taste is better than whole wheat pasta, but I'm always leery of enriched flours, and something that should only have two or three ingredients having several. If that doesn't bother you, though, have at it - the taste is great and the nutritional facts seem to be pretty awesome.

I'd love to read what others say though, too, since I'm no dietician!
  • ndhr3d
    ndhr3d Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've def read that it is good for diabetics... low GI rating. I'm going to have to compare a whole wheat with this and see what stacks up better for how I'm approaching things.
  • Kate48230
    Kate48230 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I really like the Dreamfields myself, I find the taste and texture to be just like white flour pasta, and my kids prefer it to Barilla Plus. The only "problem" is that, for me and my husband, it gives us a bit of gas so we take some Beano before.