Over fifty and need to lose it.

Options
:sad: Ok today I have my cal total given and I WILL try and stick to it.being 50 something and on HRT I have gained forty pounds in five years by having bad habits. I did lose before even being on the HRT :smile: so that is no excuse,yes I did get down to 125 pounds then I remarried and got lazy I guess by not keeping my weight down. Now we have snow on the ground and its slippy walking my dog I use my boring treadmill:cry: But I know now there are others like me who want to lose weight and need buddies.
So I will keep up with this site.

Replies

• slimpickins
    Options
    :sad: Ok today I have my cal total given and I WILL try and stick to it.being 50 something and on HRT I have gained forty pounds in five years by having bad habits. I did lose before even being on the HRT :smile: so that is no excuse,yes I did get down to 125 pounds then I remarried and got lazy I guess by not keeping my weight down. Now we have snow on the ground and its slippy walking my dog I use my boring treadmill:cry: But I know now there are others like me who want to lose weight and need buddies.
    So I will keep up with this site.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the over fifty losers (pounds that is -:tongue: ) club! There are lots of us here.Stick with it!!!!!
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hey there fellow over fiftier :laugh: ,
    Boy...I feel old just saying that. It's been harder and harder to take every pound off, not like when I was younger, but once I take it off, I'm not letting it come back on. Lost over 60 so far, have about 15 more to go...these last 15 have been the hardest ones. You can do it, if I can, I have no doubt that you can too. Just stick with it and ask for help when you need it, everyone here is so helpful and supportive. :flowerforyou:
  • greena
    greena Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you're not doing weight training right now, you should try it. People don't realize how much muscle mass we lose as we age!! Building that lean muscle is the best you can do to rev up your resting metabolism, and therefore, lose the weight (because you're burning more calories all day long, just sitting there). And you'll look more toned too. Give it a try!!!
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Call me strange......well, I am so feel free to.........but I'm danged proud and profoundly grateful to be over 50, especially given the adventerous life I've led so far :laugh: Once again, I just have to be different ~ about 18 months ago, I had this bright idea that I could go off HRT after being on it for 20 years....welllll.........drastic weight gain was just one of the many consequences. I got back on it in July and thanks to gawd-awful test results that indicated really high cholesterol and elevated blood sugar (and just for the heck of it, osteoporosis), I got reallllyyyy serious about diet and exercise and have lost 41 lbs. to date. Life being better on HRT is a whole other post :wink: