Lowered my weekly goal...?

Options
When I started I was set at 2 lbs/wk. I know, I know, that's not good for everyone, but it was working for a while so I kept at it. I hit a bit of a plateau so I figured lowering my goal (upping my cals) was probably a good idea, since that seems to be what everyone suggests. I went to 1.5 just to feel it out instead of going straight to 1. There were also a few days over the past month where I had a bit too much fun (read:cocktails and crappy hangover food....) so I don't want up my cals too much if that's the reason.

My question is: how long should I continue at 1.5 if I don't see results? I figure 2-3 weeks should give me a good idea whether this is where I should be?

I do try to eat back all of my excercise calories, just fyi.

Replies

• Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yep, 2-3 weeks seems to be about right. If you do have a way of measuring your body fat, I'd track that as well, and see if you can incorporate some weight or resistance training as well.
  • kristy3119
    kristy3119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do weight training at least twice a week (in addition to yoga and pilates), I just don't have the patience to track it.

And the only way I know of to measure body fat is those weird grabby things we used in high school health class lol.....how else would I go about it?