Going over in sugar

Options
I've been trying to eat super healthy, but no matter what I do, it seems that I continually go over in my sugar intake. I think its probably due to my fiber bars, apples, etc. Anyone have any tips or good quick foods that are low in sugar?

Replies

• jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hmmmmm... I think the sugar on here is a bit unreasonable. The only times I don't go over my sugar is when I am doing no carbs. If I have one yogurt and an orange I'm over my sugar- that seems crazy to me b/c both of those are good snacks.
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    I have been working hard at keeping my sugar intake really low.. and I have to say I fail miserably all the time.
    I am starting to do everything "sugar-free" to see if that will make a difference, but a banana and no fat yogurt in the morning and I am already over my sugars.
  • Bviera
    Bviera Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I believe the 24g sugar limit on MFP refers to refined sugars, not fruit sugars. It's easy to go over on sugar when you have a lot of fruit, and while you still don't want fill up on those either, you are certainly allowed more than 24g of healthier sugars in a day. As long as you're not going over because you're filling up on cake and cookies every day, and as long as you're not diabetic, you should be alright.
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I gave up sugars for Lent so its not too hard for me to avoid sugar all together. I do try to keep my sugar intake low so I read the labels!! My yogurt has only 6gms of sugar, I choose sugar-free foods but I do love fruits! Anything natural, like fruits I accept more than processed sugars.
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was watching my sugar, but alway, always went over. If I had any fruit or yogurt, I was way over. I think it is really low on here and it can't differentiate between refined from cookies, etc and natural sugar from fruits. Unless diabetic, as long as your numbers are not from dessert items, you should be fine.
    Good luck