long distance runners

Options
Trying to get to about 145lbs from 155lbs. The trouble is I still need enough energy to run well. so any tips would be a great help. my running is ok its just my diet thats the problem. I love eating crap !

Replies

• buhller
    buhller Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    my diary is public if you want suggestions...my long run days are on Saturdays but i took this week off due to finals.
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Choose your carbs wisely and make sure you follow up with protein after a run.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    All of these are good suggestions.

The last 10 lbs is not a great amount of weight. Unfortunately that is usually the hardest 10 lbs to lose.

Hydrate properly, Protein after runs, watch the carbs and I'd step it up and do more intervals. High intensity intervals are more effective at burning calories.

That being said, I have about 20 pounds left to burn.

Good Luck
  • mjp202
    mjp202 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    In addition to the dietary changes, you might consider a phase of higher intensity workouts including anaerobic exercise, intervals, and/or weight training (if you're not already doing something similar). If you're a long-time distance runner, your body may have adapted so effectively to long, slow distance that you're not burning as many calories as less experienced runners. Just a thought.