Really bummin! ) :

Options
I found you wonderful folks at MFP just last week and have been so good with the food.

I went for a run (which I've been doing - not new for me), and after the run, my knee started hurting, and by the next day I hurt all the way down my calf and foot. I couldn't even sleep last night it hurt so much and tonight looks like more of the same.

Was just "getting into it" and got derailed. Why does that always seem to happen? (sigh)

Replies

• Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I found you wonderful folks at MFP just last week and have been so good with the food.

I went for a run (which I've been doing - not new for me), and after the run, my knee started hurting, and by the next day I hurt all the way down my calf and foot. I couldn't even sleep last night it hurt so much and tonight looks like more of the same.

Was just "getting into it" and got derailed. Why does that always seem to happen? (sigh)
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Easy tiger. I would get it looked at by someone. I ran on a small injury and it caused HUGE and long term problems.

Good luck and WELCOME
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Same here! I used to have big problems with shin splints and the heel thing..can't remember the name right now...oh yeah, planter fasciitis. Since I have been warming up before I work out or do cardio, it has helped tremendously! Now I watch, or well feel out my body while I am working out and if I feel any type of discomfort with my knee, shin or heel, I slow it down and take it easy until it feels better. Plus, since I started doing weights again, that has helped build up the surrounding muscles and helps to relieve the areas that used to hurt.

Warm up, and stretch before you run. And start building your muscles back up to help prevent injuries.
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Did you check your shoes! Might be time for new ones! I don't run but I am on my feet all day at work and my legs will tell me as soon as my shoes start to go. Welcome and good luck finding out what wrong.
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well, update... I ended up going to get it checked and found out I have a DVT (blood clot) in my calf. So there was the reason for the unusual pain. The new bummer is shots and blood thinners and staying off my feet (2 paid races I'll have to skip - rats). The upside (there always is one) is that at least I had this where the discomfort made me go get it diagnosed. Some people actually die from blood clots before they even know it's there, so I'm just thanking God they found it!!!