Heart Rate Monitors

sweetcakes1960
sweetcakes1960 Posts: 10
edited 3:52AM in Fitness and Exercise
Hi everybody

Ok here I go again. My question today is can someone please tell me how to purchase a good HRM. Dont need it to be the most expensive I do need it to be funcitional for me. Steps taken, calories burned. I purchased a pedometer over the weekend but because im not gadet friendly I can't work the dang thang! so it's going back. I kept looking at the HRM and it looked more to something I would like # 1 its on my wrist and it would take the place of my watch, #2 I can read what its telling me, and I think it would be more beneficial in the long run. I need something besides you lovely MFP to keep me accountable for my actions and that seems beep if I'm no in sync with my HR. LOL! The problem that I have is this chest strap in the package explain that?

I want to do the right thing, I've been very committed to my walking and my arm curls since I became a member. So come one come all ... help me, explain to me, teach me how to work the HRM. Whats the best HRM or pedometer?

~Thank you Lexi~

Replies

• tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    I have the Polar F6 which is super easy to use once you set it up with all your info! The thing that nobody told me about these watches though is that you have to wear a chest strap so the darn thing works! I was pissed at first b/c I didn't want to wear one but once it's on, I can't tell it's there. It hasn't been a big deal. I think I paid $100 for it at ****s. I even got a cute pink one! I love it!
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Ha! They edited out the name of the store! It's a sporting goods store that starts with a D and ends with an S! I guess they thought I was cussing!
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    so funny bc i bought the sportline something where its just a watch and u dont need the chest strap and u can touch anywhere on the face and get a heart rate reading. SUCKS! so i tried that because it was a lil cheaper than the polarft4 that i wanted, plus i got it as a gift.. SO! needless to say i returned that one.. WELL i was lookin at the FT4 online today and got a lil nervous bc there are times when im doing intense cardio and my heart rate is HIGH.. and someone had commented that it didnt go beyond their max heart rate but didnt say wat it was, and the picture of the watch shows the highest at like 164? i think.. but im not sure if thats just for picture purposes but if not then thats a problem bc my HR is over 164 ALOT OF TIMES when im running, doing intervals, so i was going to get other peoples opinion too!

SOOOOOOOOOO, if anyone knows anything about this, or has any suggestions, please let me kno! thanks a bunch!
  • junior8585
    junior8585 Posts: 2
    Does it rhyme with Slick and Rick?
  • johnny2274
    johnny2274 Posts: 11 Member
    Bump
  • breezey77
    breezey77 Posts: 89 Member
    bump
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    ok i think i just answered my own questions, i went back to the site and realized there was more of a description there, from what ive heard and read and talked to ppl the Polar FT4 is great and moderately priced (89.99) at best buy, again there are cheaper ones and more expensive ones but this one i heard is good for what you pay and the chest strap makes it very accurate and constant at monitoring your heart rate...im going to get it tonight before my work out! yay! new toy! lol
This discussion has been closed.