The question no one wants to be asked.

Options
2»

Replies

• Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Jake, you can just move over here with me in the 'insensitive male' corner. :laugh:
  • serenity1272
    Options
    JM~
    I have been there too, I had a woman come running up to me and I mean she was moving and asked when I was due! I told her 10 years ago but I just couldn't "bear" the thought of getting rid of the memory of being pregnant!:cry: I wasn't as strong back then and let me tell you I ate ALL my feelings!!! I am so glad you made a different choice....Congratulations!!!:smooched:

There is something about being a woman that we react to statements like that. I am glad that your HR dept is doing something about it. Hang in there, in the end they will look like the ones who put their feet in their mouths...heck they will feel like they can taste their kneecaps!!!

Your in the right place for support and caring....you made a great choice by signing up here....

May you be truly blessed

Julie :flowerforyou:
  • filergirl
    Options
    You could throw an "I'm not having a baby" shower, like Samantha in Sex in the City. Personally I like the pushing out the gut and rubbing it while consuming alcoholic beverages. Ehehe.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Whoaaaaaa! Let's all pull in the reins here a little. Let's remember that we're all here for a common goal: To lose weight and get the support that is so important while doing so. These blogs are nice to be able to get out our frustrations, get support and motivation, and to connect with others who are in the same boat as us. Maybe we should all keep in mind that we each have a different way and ability to deal with conflicts and uncomfortable situations. Some of us are more aggressive, while others are more passive...and still others have that fun passive aggressive side! There's nothing wrong with any of them! Let's just take a minute to remember that we're all on the same side! :flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    You guys crack me up....that's why we're here, to vent and share! Pls do not take insult to what we say, we all come from many walks of life and I love all of the disagreements we have...I appreciate and learn from all of you and LOL often! Thanks!
  • lovelygirls
    Options
    I've been offered seats on the tube twice before.....the first time I said I'm not pregnant and the lady said well whats in there then and I said a big lunch..that shut her up! To the second I said well I am never wearing this top again! I don't know, I know its very different to your colleagues all talking about you, but both the ladies who asked me were just trying to do the right thing but giving me their seats.

The office I work in is an HR time bomb, I think there is a very different office culture generally in the UK to the US but the banter that goes one where I work would curl your hair! I think I would be likely to be asked if I'd been eating all the pies rather than there being speculation that I was pregnant!

Just got to rise above it and be proud that you are changing your eating habits and you will be slender and super healthy and fit!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i had this problem also i was in my sisters wedding , the photgrapher had asked my sister who the outgoing pregnant girl was!!!!!!!!!!!!:grumble:
  • webebeer
    Options
    I am sorry this happened to you....when I was younger I once asked a woman when she was due...of course she was not pregnant....I felt sooooooooo bad......never did it again....it really was dumb ...but I never ment to offend.....I was thin then...now my stomach gets ever where before I do....and I have been asked this question also...I just said not pregnant just gaining weight...I know this person felt bad...and I hope she learned a lesson...people some times make mistakes and learn from them.....the gossip is another thing...very hurtful...send then an email about how office gossip can hurt and give tips on how to stop it......