Losing weight for wedding need help

m1cherie
m1cherie Posts: 9
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hello My name is Cherie,
I am turning 25 in July. I have been 240 ish pounds concistently for about 2 years. I am 5'5. me and my husband got married in 2004 at the clerks office and he always promised me a real wedding. We finally can afford a real wedding and decided that on feb 11 our anniversary we will have the cermony. 278 days away. but I dont want to be this big!! Before I had my daughter(now 5) I never had a weight problem and since I had her I havent had the drive. I did the atkins diet as a teenager for like a month but thats all the diet experence i have and I know the atkins diet is not a healthy one. I also havent ever really exercise, I am pretty lazy and have a desk job. I really need someone to hold me accountable to actually do this.
My plan.
Starting today:
No soda
No Chips
No Fastfood
8+ glasses of water
track everything i eat
atleast 15 minute walk every day.

any tips would be helpful
Thanks

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Welcome and good luck! You are off to a good start. I suggest starting out slow cause if you try to go to drastic in the beginning you will quit. Log on everyday and STAYat your goals. Try logging in different foods before you eat it and see if you can make better choices. Try to eat as close to fresh as you can. Whole grains, meats, fish, Vegies and Fruit. Try to stay away from packaged foods as much as possible and WATCH PORTIONS. You will be surprised how small a portion really is. Buy a food scale and measure everything in the beginning. You'll get the hang of it and look great at your wedding!
  • melinda6569
    melinda6569 Posts: 124
    Don't look at it as a diet. look at it as a change of life. You need to get healthy for that little girl. so you can be around to watch her walk down the isle. Good luck to you. you can add me as a friend if you would like.
  • ChristinaKY
    ChristinaKY Posts: 28 Member
    I am so glad to see that you are starting now and asking for tips rather than waiting until a couple of months before the wedding and expecting a miracle. You may not be able to look like a supermodel by your big day, but I promise that if you commit to this, you can look better than you do now and be pretty happy with your wedding pictures. It sounds like you have some good ideas already, but just remember that if you do break one of those rules, it is ok and it is not failure, you just need to remind yourself of your goals and get back on track. It is not an easy journey, but it doesn't need to be a hard one either. You shouldn't starve yourself, just eat wisely. You have come to the right place for help and inspiration, but remember that different things work for different people, so don't compare yourself to others on here too much. Good Luck!
  • m1cherie
    I have noticed how small portions can be. I also have noticed how the small portions can be more then enough. like with salad dressing. The serving is more then enough but it is so easy to use more then you need. :D
  • m1cherie
    I couldnt starve myself if i tried my husband wouldnt let me. Thank you for the advise everyone. I have the app on my ipod. please befriend me :D
  • m1cherie
    that is a good site. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.