Questions...

Options
I'm new to MFP and still getting used to eating back my calories during exercise days.
I'm on a 1400 calorie per day plan. On exercise days, I have hundreds more calories to eat back and when I do get close to eating those back, my projected weight loss (on the app) for 5 weeks isn't much of a weight loss. Compared to days when I dont eat back my calories, my projected weight loss is much greater. Does that make sense?

Also, i've been working out at my gym for an hour at about 3-4x a week combining cardio at 30 mins and weights the other 30 minutes for 3 weeks now. So far, i've lost approx 8 lbs. my goal is to lose 2 lbs a week. Not sure how much of it was water weight. I've definitely noticed a difference and have lost inches. Am I losing too fast or am I ok?

Replies

• lisamarie1227
    Options
    i eat back about 1/2 off my exercise calories....i've found this works for me.

if you lost 8 lbs in one week that may be too fast...but i have to admit i am jealous of that big of a weight loss so fast. i think as long as you feel good, it's up to you. keep up the good work:)
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I would say if your diet is okay you are just fine with the rate of loss.

I think the biggest thing to remember is that this rate might not keep up. Try not to be discouraged if it slows. =)
  • babytmarie27
    babytmarie27 Posts: 161
    Options
    I eat back half too.
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The first week is always going to be your biggest weight loss week!! Because you are loosing a good amount of water weight. With my calories I 've decided to just make sure that my net calories are always over 1000 but try to keep them under 1200. But you need to do what works for your body, some people loose weight better when they eat most of the exercise calories and some do better when they dont. Everyone is different.
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I don't consciously eat back my calories. I aim for 1370 (which is what I need to lose 1.5 lbs.). Sometimes I go over, sometimes I go under. I think it all balances out. But I don't log my exercise with the expectation I'm going to eat more later. I've actually done fine. I've lost weight every week except for one, so I don't think it's necessary.
  • misslashon
    misslashon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone