motivation/just had surgery

Options
i was doing so well on my diet and lost 18 lbs in 3 months then all of a sudden my stomach was hurting and found out i had to have my appendix out....that was on April 16. I've lost my motivation and I can't stop eating. I know it's more of a stress thing but I'm having a hard to getting my motivation back. any ideas?

Replies

• ktblueyz
    ktblueyz Posts: 72
    Options
    if you need motivation try going swimsuit shopping.... that always motivates me! :D
  • DarthBubbles
    DarthBubbles Posts: 138
    Options
    At this point swimsuit shopping just depresses me, personally.
    I like looking at success stories here on MFP and I also will force myself to exercise and then focus on how good it makes me feel afterwards.
    Best of luck finding some motivation! :flowerforyou:
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Its tough it really is. I recently injured my ankle (torn tendon) Its not surgery but still depressing because I can move, just not without pain!

Im craving excercise but previously when something like this would happen I would give up on my weight loss. What keeps me going now is seeing how much Ive lost on my ticker and hating going backwards.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You know what you need to do.....!

Start today by getting your diet back on track, focus on Protein and start movin........

Always hard to re-start but we believe in you!

You can do it! Start Today!
  • ilikeher
    ilikeher Posts: 78
    Options
    call your best friend and ask them to do you a favor and schedule a walk with them every other day for two weeks or so. Having someone push you a little bit in the beginning will help a lot. And the exercise will help you to feel less stressed