100lbs in a year and a half?

Options
I started on the 1st February this year (at 234lbs) and want to drop 100lbs by 1st August 2011... A year and a half.

How reasonable do you think this is? Is it too fast? Do you think that it's possible? Or will my weight loss slow down so much by the end that it'll take longer?

Other factors to think about?:
- In the past 14 weeks I've lost 25lbs
- I do 35mins on the elliptical 6 times a week
- I have recently started using weights (doing the obvious stuff, mainly focusing on my arms, but incorporating torso/legs too)
- In October this year I'll be joining a gym (can't afford it yet!)... I'm thinking general gymness/swimming 4+ times a week?

What do you guys reckon? Thank you in advance!!! :)

Replies

• Scarletblue
    Scarletblue Posts: 255
    Options
    I think it is very possible.
  • StaceyZombie
    StaceyZombie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is doable if you stay this motivated!!!! I lost almost 80 lbs in less than 1.5 yrs and I wasn't working out nearly as much as you are!!!! Get it, you can do this :-)
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I hope it is not to fast because my goal is to lose 100 in a year. I started at 280 on Jan 1. I have lost 33 so far and set a goal to lose 10 each month. My current weight is 247 and by Jun 1 my goal is 240.
    So I believe you are setting a very doable goal for yourself.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    It's doable, but the last 20 lbs SUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Definitely reasonable! Its about 5.5 lbs a month if you look at it that way. You can definitely do it.
  • unicorn19girl
    unicorn19girl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's very possible. I lost 100 in a year and a half. Good luck to you!!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Very doable if you stick with it. I lost 72 in 15 months.....and have kept over 60 of it off for four years. Am here now, trying to lose between 5-10 and keep that off.
    Good luck!
    Kaye
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    wouldnt a year and half put you at august 2012? oh and im down 60lbs since Jan 1 this year so its totally doable