Protein and carbs, but no fat?!

Options
Helloo!

So...I routinely have a lot of protein and carbs left, but usually eat all of my fat rather quickly. I know I should adjust my macros, but I don't know what to adjust them to.

Anyway, I have about 100g of both carbs and protein that I need to eat today, and have no idea what to have. I'm trying to avoid all forms of sugar (unless it's just in fruit). Does anyone have any good suggestions/ideas?

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    What works best for me is when my macros are 40% protein, 35% carbs and 25% fats. It is not always easy for me to get to that, but it is what I shoot for!

For carbs and protein I would suggest a protein shake if you have one . . .
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Good suggestion. I think I need to finally cave and get some protein powder.

:(
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Protein shakes are a good way to add extra protein (obviously) but the calories can add up if you don't watch them. GNC has a good selection (get the chocolate), otherwise try adding lean proteins like a lot of low fat cottage cheese, chicken breast, or fish. The protein of the shake PLUS its more filling.
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    Lean meats give you high protein with minimal fat.
    Pop corn gives you high carbs with minimal fat and small protein.

Chicken, Flank steak, ribeye, sirloin, etc.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    @ rebecca: Thanks! I've never been to GNC, but I might be brave next weekend.

@ deathtaco: Love the username. Anyway, fabulous suggestion! It's actually something that I have in my apartment right now.

Much appreciated!