Any excercise that have helped get rid of upper arm flab and

Options
2011EP
2011EP Posts: 95 Member
Hi all,

I need to get my upper arms more toned. I hate that flab and jiggle. Anyone have any successful and effective excercises that have worked or a specific workout plan to get those arms looking good?

Replies

• TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    bump
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    Pushups do wonders not only is it good for your arms but your whole body as well.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Hi, there's no way. Only losing fat through diet and exercise will eventually get rid of fat throughout your body. If you want more toned, losing weight will do MOST of the job. You can kill yourself with all the exercise you want, but if you have fat over your arms, it won't do any good.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Most women always have trouble with the triceps... It's also a weakness of mine... but my biceps look great... I know a few workouts that always make my back arms sore! If you have a yoga ball you could do pushups with your lower body balanced on the ball... that hurts your back of the arms more than your chest... also my brother taught me this thing where you get a heavy dumbell (not too heavy... I use like 25-30llbs --- depends on strength) and just put it behind your head while you stand up and lift gradually up (idk if you understand cause it's hard to explain via message haha... but if you have more questions feel free to ask xD)
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Hi, there's no way. Only losing fat through diet and exercise will eventually get rid of fat throughout your body. If you want more toned, losing weight will do MOST of the job. You can kill yourself with all the exercise you want, but if you have fat over your arms, it won't do any good.

Agreed... If you don't have much flab then toning isn't such a bad thing..but if you have a lot lose some and then the rest will come naturally
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You can work on specific arm exercises BUT like colombianwarrior said, you really need to lose weight overall to hit arm fat- I would make sure you are trying to build muscle in your trouble areas (triceps, etc.) and that will help- also you can try pushups and pushup planks.
  • precious71701
    precious71701 Posts: 105
    Options
    Exactly, I agree...losing that weight is first...and then the rest will come...after a big majority of fat has been lost with the weight being gone, toning should be much easier for you...I had that same concern and had just decided to concentrate on losing the weight first...Julian Michaels have some cardio fat burning dvds that concentrate on the arms..
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    I think tricep kickbacks will help tone the muscle there.

Basically, pull your elbow back behind your back (think chicken wings, but with your elbow pointing directly behind you), with your arm bent (so that your hand is next to your ribcage-ish area). Then, slowly straighten your arm so that your hand is pointing directly behind you. You can do these with or without weights. I try to do them while I'm on a stationary bike, or while I'm walking.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    pushups and tricep dips did it for me!