MFP Runner's Club - August 27

Options
Good morning, runners!

Did the usual Wednesday morning sprints. Today it went like this ...

1-mile warm-up
6 200s
1 400
4 200s
1-mile warm-up

My legs are tired!

Have an awesome day. :)

Replies

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Good morning, runners!

Did the usual Wednesday morning sprints. Today it went like this ...

1-mile warm-up
    6 200s
    1 400
    4 200s
    1-mile warm-up

My legs are tired!

Have an awesome day. :)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    G'morning! I'm back from a 5.15 mile run w/ my 3 running buddies. It was a great run w/ awesome almost fall-like temps!

Great run, Slender! Have a good one!

Jess
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    HEY YOU GUYS!!!!

morning slender!!!

I have been mia but have not been just slackin'....ever since my boy got sick haven't been out for a run, but I've been turbo jammin' my butt off...{I WISH}......and I peek in when I come to log my foods....you all are rocking the party!!!

I'll post the next time I run which I hope is soon...the cool weather is here and that's my fav time to run woo hoo!

until then big hugs! I feel funny posting more until I actually run again! lol
    but I wanted you all to know I'm routing for you guys! and you all rock!!!

hugs!
    Ali
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    G'morning! I'm back from a 5.15 mile run w/ my 3 running buddies. It was a great run w/ awesome almost fall-like temps!

Great run, Slender! Have a good one!

Jess

woot Jess! I bet!!! good going!
    hugs,
    ALi :drinker:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Great job on your runs Jess and Slender!

Run or no run. Check in Ali. I miss you.

No run for me today. I am resting.:yawn: If you call taking down stubborn wallpaper resting.:smile:

Make it a great day
    -Kechie.
  • Slender1
    Options
    HEY YOU GUYS!!!!

morning slender!!!

I have been mia but have not been just slackin'....ever since my boy got sick haven't been out for a run, but I've been turbo jammin' my butt off...{I WISH}......and I peek in when I come to log my foods....you all are rocking the party!!!

I'll post the next time I run which I hope is soon...the cool weather is here and that's my fav time to run woo hoo!

until then big hugs! I feel funny posting more until I actually run again! lol
    but I wanted you all to know I'm routing for you guys! and you all rock!!!

hugs!
    Ali

I hope you feel better soon! Sometimes all it takes to get back out there is to post here and tell someone you're gonna run. :) Gotta love the accountability of this running group! Thanks for the shout-out!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I ran for 45 min today. I have spinning and bootcamp tonight!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Thunder and lighting here today...hooray! and of course rain, we don't get much so a day or two of it is nice.

So I go from heat making me use the dreadmill to rain and the possibility of being struck down where I stand :laugh: keeping me on the dreadmill, come on October!

Doing intervals today for an hour, should end up near 5 miles then body pump this PM. Hope everyone has a great day! :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Good job everyone! :drinker: Looking forward to the Fall weather, but certainly not the season that follows it. :indifferent:

I've got my foot untaped and so far so good! :drinker: Saturday, gonna try a 5k. :bigsmile:
  • Slender1
    Options
    Thunder and lighting here today...hooray! and of course rain, we don't get much so a day or two of it is nice.

So I go from heat making me use the dreadmill to rain and the possibility of being struck down where I stand :laugh: keeping me on the dreadmill, come on October!

Doing intervals today for an hour, should end up near 5 miles then body pump this PM. Hope everyone has a great day! :drinker:

LOL "Dreadmill" ... what a perfect name!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say, I'm signing up for a 10K in Sept!! My cousin is going to run it also and I think my running buddies will try to join also (they are both doing a half IronMan the weekend before!!!).

I've never raced a 10K!! I've done lots of 5K's, a 5 miler, 10 miler, half and full marathons, but never a 10K race! Should be fun. :smile:

Jess
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Today I got in 4 miles!! Felt not so blah!! And some light weights not too long.

Shannon I am in the Middle East!!

Happy trails ladies and any gents who pop on!!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey runners"

Wat to go all of you, even if you haven't run, thanks for checking in. Love knowing what peeps do on their non run days. Just checking in is very motivating.

No run for me today, did a shoulders and arms workout and abs. Hope to run tomorrow. Nice and cool in the morning, yep , Shannon, fall is coming, eek! and then the dreaded winter!!

Jess: 10K should be a breeze for you! It is always fun to 'compete' and you will be among friends!

Okay off to take some sun!

Carol
  • dmor
    dmor Posts: 33
    Options
    I had one of the most enjoyable runs I have had to date. My son just learned to ride his bike, and I have to run to keep up. Last night I put my three year old into a jogger stroller and unleashed my son and told him to go wherever he wanted and I would keep up. I ran after him and really enjoyed chasing him and watching him have the freedom of exploring our neighborhood streets. I wasn't paying attention to my monitor or thinking about pace or miles. I was just running for the sake of running.

I got back thinking I had got in a short quick speed workout of 1 mile. Instead, my monitor said I had been running for over 2.6 miles at a fast pace. Funny how when you aren't thinking about running--it is easy to just run and knock out miles.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I had one of the most enjoyable runs I have had to date. My son just learned to ride his bike, and I have to run to keep up. Last night I put my three year old into a jogger stroller and unleashed my son and told him to go wherever he wanted and I would keep up. I ran after him and really enjoyed chasing him and watching him have the freedom of exploring our neighborhood streets. I wasn't paying attention to my monitor or thinking about pace or miles. I was just running for the sake of running.

I got back thinking I had got in a short quick speed workout of 1 mile. Instead, my monitor said I had been running for over 2.6 miles at a fast pace. Funny how when you aren't thinking about running--it is easy to just run and knock out miles.

Not to mention feeling like a kid! There are no better workout partners than kids!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options

Way to go Dmor!

What kind of monitor do you use? I am in the market for something to track my pace on runs.

tia
    -Kechie.
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm BAAAACCCKKKKK!

I've been a complete slacker since the spring semester ended. First it was traveling, them projects all summer and then my gym closed. Add that I wasn't on a routine of any kind so I didn't run much at all.

Now that school has started back I'm on a routine again. I also started going to another gym. (I much prefer to run on a treadmill due to the extreme heat and variations in the weather.) It's absolutely amazing how much better my mood and mental state is when I'm running on a regular basis. My wife and students beg me to work out because it makes me easier to live with.

I dare call myself a runner even though 10 min. miles are the best I can do at the moment. Mon. and today I managed to knock out 2 mi. @ 6.0. Another day like this and I'll kick it up to 6.1!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better Shannon! Have a good 5K. Rest day for me. Although it is the first day of school and I have been "running" all day:laugh:
    Bunny
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Good evening all, late entry.
    I didn't get out and run yesterday like I had hoped. I didn't even get to bike ride. I did do some crunches and light weights and my general work out for a while.

I also bought a Hula Hoop. :blushing:

A couple months ago some people (on MFP) were saying how it was a good work out if it had sand in it or something. But I have never been able to even use a regular one. So My family thinks I am nuts when at Wally world I spy a hula hoop (even has flashing light :laugh: ) and I bought it. Like 7 bucks?
    It took me about three nights of trying and each night I would get just that much closer until last night.
    I GOT IT! I was only doing like 10 spins, then it was 20 spins then 40 spins then 70 and finally I can easily go over a hundred spins now.

It is a good work out, when I was trying to figure it out, I actually had a damp forehead.:tongue: I think more from picking the dam thing up every few seconds.
    It was also a good warm up for my work out, I was feeling more like working out after hula hooping.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Can I join the runner's club?