eat like this everyday......you will weigh______in 5 weeks

Options
2»

Replies

• lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I like it too. VEry new and trying to figure this site out. I had a droid for 2 weeks and liked that it had that feature, but went back to a blackberry and wishes it had that feature. I have to come to the site to get it!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    When I see that after a bad day, it gets me back on the right track the next day. I mean, I know if I eat too much too often I'll gain, but it's different to have the number staring you in the face.
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    Like many others, I love that part!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it and quite often I am right on track with my 5 week estimates. I find it keeps my eating in perspective, it maybe not be 100% accurate but say if I eat too much one day it shows a gain and it lets me know how bad things could get but then when I do well it shows possibly how good my results could be too.
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    Looks like u are out numbered, haha. Sorry but I look forward to it too...except if I go over cals, then I want to rip the scale number right out of the computer screen :laugh:
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I often gloss over it, but it doesn't bother me. If I am over, but within the zero NET calories range, I get told my weight won't change, and reminds me that my goal is not (yet) to keep where I am at.
  • Raven00
    Raven00 Posts: 67
    Options
    It says for me that I will be 165.7 in 5 weeks it keeps me motivated to reach that goal!!!
    I try and eat between 900 to 1,100 calories a day and don't drink soda only water or juice :-)
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I agree with the majority. I really like that message. It's a reminder that the choices I am making today have consequences beyond today. Five weeks from now, I could be the same weight, I could be heavier, I could be fatter. It's up to me, and how I choose to treat my body every day for the next five weeks.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    If you do't like it, don't "end your day" - it doesn't affect any of your reports. The only thing "ending your day" does is give you that statement. I haven't ended a day in years. It's just a tool.......
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    I agree with the majority. I really like that message. It's a reminder that the choices I am making today have consequences beyond today. Five weeks from now, I could be the same weight, I could be heavier, I could be fatter. It's up to me, and how I choose to treat my body every day for the next five weeks.
    Well put!
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    I guess you and I are the only two people who HATE that part. Although I do agree, just dont look at if you dont like it. :smile:
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I love it too. I actually look forward to finishing my diary just so I can see it! =) It's a big motivator as well!
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I find it is pretty accurate. I record that number in my notes section so I can look back in 5 weeks at any given time.

me, too....my daughter told me how she was doing it, so I just started......and I like the idea of going ahead 5 wks and put it in the notes in the future....think I might try that tonight....
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It's THE only reason that I keep doing this program. It's a constant promise that if I just don't give up then this thing will work. I have no patience, but every evening I get a reminder that this WILL work. I LOVE IT.

It's not THE only reason I do this - but it's a big factor. Like the person in the quote above wrote--for someone with little patience it's a great reminder that there is hope :)
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I love it very much. It helps me at night when I want to eat 3 loaves of french bread :) and not go on my walks.
    It's not unbelievably inaccurate and it keeps me logging and moderating my calories.
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't like it. Some days, it changes SO much that I can't understand where it comes from. Sometimes it makes me feel really discouraged when I know I'm having a really good day and it tells me I'll lose like 2 pounds in 5 weeks.
    I had it once tell me I would weigh 125lbs in 5 weeks, then the next day I ate about 100 more calories and it jumped to 140lbs! That's a big damn difference.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't like it. Some days, it changes SO much that I can't understand where it comes from. Sometimes it makes me feel really discouraged when I know I'm having a really good day and it tells me I'll lose like 2 pounds in 5 weeks.
    I had it once tell me I would weigh 125lbs in 5 weeks, then the next day I ate about 100 more calories and it jumped to 140lbs! That's a big damn difference.

If you want to know how it works - here's the explanation and examples. If math just confuses you, you might just want to skip this, though I did try to go step by step.

Take your projected deficit from your goals page (on the goals page, right hand side - "Daily Calorie Deficit")
    If you have calories left at the end of the day, add those
    If you have negative calories (you ate too much), subtract those

Take your ending number, multiple by 35 and divide by 3500 - this will give the projected weight loss/gain at the end of five weeks. If the number is positive - it's a loss, if it's negative - it's a gain. If you subtract/add that to your current weight, it should match what the "Complete this day" button tells you (rounded, if needed).

Example: My projected deficit from my goals page is 810
    Yesterday I had 246 calories leftover.

810 + 246 = 1056
    1056 x 35 = 36960 / 3500 = 10.56
    So I should lose 10.56 pounds if I eat that same way and burn the same exercise calories every day for 5 weeks.

Current weight = 179.5 - 10.56 = 168.94
    If you round that up to 169, it exactly matches what the "complete this day" button told me yesterday.

If I'd eaten 1000 calories over my goal, I'd end up with
    810 - 1000 = -190 * 35 = -6650 / 3500 = -1.9
    I'd gain 1.9 pounds over 5 weeks if I ate 1000 calories more than my goal.
    I tested this, and the "complete this day" button told me I'd weigh 181.5. which is a 2 pound gain (rounded up from 1.9).
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you for breaking that down that way. It makes it a lot easier to understand. I guess I just didn't see how 100 calories could make such a huge difference.:heart:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you for breaking that down that way. It makes it a lot easier to understand. I guess I just didn't see how 100 calories could make such a huge difference.:heart:

Just remember - it's not just the calories you eat, but the calories you burn that makes a difference, too. If you burn a ton one day and don't eat them all back, that estimated weight will be a lot lower than if you just meet your goals (have no calories left over for the day).
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i find it quite motivating! and proved accurate for me!