Quick and easy to make meals for lunch at school:O

Options
I'm in high schoola and I make my own lunch but Im getting tired of sandwhiches is there any ideas out there:O

Replies

• Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem!
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well, how about wraps or a salad with dressing in a little Tupperware container? Wasa crispbread and spreadable cheese with fruit?
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    how about some homemade granola with some yogurt? :) or maybe some chicken wraps. I've always ate so poorly, but now I am finding having fresh cut up fruit is pretty addicting :P
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Boil (in the broiler, not a pot of water....Ive heard people doing this and it scares me) some chicken, slice it up, add it to a salad with a hard boiled egg, baby spinach (more nutritious than lettuce), an ounce of mozzarella cheese and some low fat dressing. I find dipping my fork in the dressing instead of pouring it on gives me the taste in every bite like I like, without using too many calories. With this, there is no need for a microwave!! :D
  • thomaslh83
    thomaslh83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Instead of your typical white bread and sandwich meat, you can try a wheat pita or flat bread and cut up some rotissere chicken to use as your meat on your sandwich. Add some shredded lettuce and, if you choose to use condiments, a low-fat mayo or even a vinaigrette dressing would taste good. Hope that helps!
  • shortcake05
    shortcake05 Posts: 31
    Options
    I have a similar situation. At work I have to bring my lunch and I'm completely burnt out on sandwiches. Now I mainly pack fruit and some low cal snacks. Do you have access to a microwave? If I did I'd bring some left overs.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Take 3/4 ths cup of any special K cereal and a dannon lite and fit yogurt mix together at lunch and your tummy will be full and happy! Low calories and fat meal idea! I hope this helps!

April
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I like to make wraps with laughing cow light cheese wedges spread as a base, some basic sandwich meats, a little calamata olive tapenade, sprouts, carrot strips and spinach leaves, drizzled with a little balsamic vinaigrette. They pack easy in a ziploc once they are cut in half, keep very well in a lunch box with a cooler pack or a frozen juice pouch. I add cut apples sprinkled with lime juice for a dessert, or other fresh fruit and a small salad in a tupperware container with a spot of dressing in a separate container. When ready to eat, poured the dressing on the salad and shook the bejesus out of it so all the greens had flavor.

Or a cheese wedge or two with some crackers, some turkey pepperoni and veggies with dip ( I use light balsamic vinagrette) and fruit with yogurt and walnuts or pecans.
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    hummus and pita bread

cheese and crackers

lettuce roll-ups with lunch meat and cheese inside

2 hard boiled eggs with a little bit of salt

add some fresh veggies and fresh fruit to any of the above and you have a meal. Good luck!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    bump
    Cut up fruit like strawberries or canteloup in a container.
    Vegetable pita.
    Cereal and yogurt, and cheese
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    - Parfaits with greek yogurt, blueberries, sliced almonds and fiber one cereal
    - Grilled chicken, spinach and tomato slices in light whole wheat pitas
    - Salad with grape tomatoes, shredded carrot, peas, turkey bacon slices and grilled chicken
    - Lunchable style meal with grilled chicken squares, baby carrots and peanut butter and whole wheat crackers
    - PB&J with light wheat bread, all fruit spread jam and natural peanut butter
    - Homemade chicken salad with grilled chicken, light mayo/greek yogurt, mustard, sweet relish, chopped onions and celery
    - Tuna salad
    - Egg beater sandwich
  • jflo2011
    jflo2011 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Look in the refrigerated section of your grocery store's produce dept. for yogurt-based dressings -close to the bagged lettuce(Bolthouse Farms is one brand) They are Delicious,(about 70 cal for 2 TBSP)! There is a ranch flavor and a creamy caesar flavor. I love to make a wrap w/ a whole wheat tortilla, chicken or turkey breast, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, etc. Then add either flavor of this dressing for an amazingly delicious wrap. It seriously tastes better than any wrap from any deli!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you have available to you, you could take a nice slice of quiche for lunch. It just needs a 90 seconds in the microwave to be just the right temperature. If you don't have a warming device, if you have a cool pack you can prepare a fruit salad, some protein-heavy yogurt (Greek yogurt), and maybe some granola. If you can't prepare a fruit salad check out some of the canned fruit mixes that are in the fruit juice or in light juices. Don't choose something in heavy syrup!

There are many options to your sandwich too... just go shopping with the person who does the grocery shopping to see all the options for different breads that might make your lunch sandwich more jazzy!

I just found Arnold Artisan Flat bread... it's an interesting twist and you can choose to make a flatbread sandwich or fold in half and have a sandwich sandwich! Today I had this with dijon mustard, romaine lettuce, fresh baby spinach, 2 oz. of Deitz & Watson Buffalo Style Chicken breast, 1 oz. of Cooper Brand Sharp Cheddar cheese and 1/4 of an avocado. I ate it flat because it was too huge to fold! Yum!

Good luck!