Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What food satifies you when you are starting to feel like a

Mely
Mely Posts: 166 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
With all the low-fat, vegetables, fruit and grains I eat, I sometimes get a craving for something ..., something..., well it's hard to explain. Something solid. If I eat half a peanut butter sandwich (or a whole one if it's lunch time), it really helps and can easily fit into my food plan for the day. Maybe it's the fat in the PB that I'm craving. Maybe I'll just schedule a PB sandwich for lunch every few days.

Anyone else have foods that satisfy a craving and don't put you over?

Replies

• Mely
    With all the low-fat, vegetables, fruit and grains I eat, I sometimes get a craving for something ..., something..., well it's hard to explain. Something solid. If I eat half a peanut butter sandwich (or a whole one if it's lunch time), it really helps and can easily fit into my food plan for the day. Maybe it's the fat in the PB that I'm craving. Maybe I'll just schedule a PB sandwich for lunch every few days.

Anyone else have foods that satisfy a craving and don't put you over?
  • Mely
    oops - the topic was cut off. It's meant to read:

What food satifies you when you are starting to feel like a piece of celery
  • so this is going to sound weird, but when I feel like eating something i go for mini pretzels (not too bad as far as snacks go) and then i dunk them in ketchup, mustard, hotsauce or some combo of the three. It kind of makes me feel like I'm eating something else (maybe a hot dog?!?) and its not bad on caloric intake!
  • Mely
    Those dips are good choices as they have few if no calories. Pretzels can be dangerous though as they are hard to stop eating. I guess you just take a few and hide the bag.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    i crave sushi ALL the time!!! just the cheap california rolls but they are oh so yummy .... and i also crave peanut butter around that time of the month.... must be an iron deficiency around that ime of the month ... peanutbutter and sushi are both high in iron???
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    peanut butter most of the time but sometimes cheese. :bigsmile:
  • Mely
    BTW - is there really any difference b/w low fat PB and regular? I once looked at the nutritional facts and the calories were just about the same.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    im sure there is a difference in the fat content or they wouldnt be allowed to put low-fat..... maybe less oil..... but that doesnt necesarally effect the calorie content... its like that with anything low-fat .
    Sometimes the calories even go UP when its low fat!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    yogurt will do the trick....or if I want salty then I mix cottage cheese w/ ranch dip mix and have it w/ my carrots...it feels like its fattening but its not!

peanut butter is also really good at stopping hunger as is a banana, dense foods sometimes work best!

hugs!
    Ali
This discussion has been closed.