Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Man what a screwed up world

BEFORE
BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Just read a Yahoo news story on child rape up in Afghanistan. The story told of a 11 yr old girl being raped and her family is too poor to take legal action, which requires bribing officials. One father only seeking justice sold 2 daughters for $5,000 to pursue legal action for the daughter that was raped and lost.

I realize this is a third world country and Afghanistan isnt the only country with this garbage but dang. It just kills me to see the children suffer at the hands of animals.

I am sending The Rock over to "layeth the Smacketh down"

Sorry for being a downer but I had to vent.

Replies

• BEFORE
    Just read a Yahoo news story on child rape up in Afghanistan. The story told of a 11 yr old girl being raped and her family is too poor to take legal action, which requires bribing officials. One father only seeking justice sold 2 daughters for $5,000 to pursue legal action for the daughter that was raped and lost.

I realize this is a third world country and Afghanistan isnt the only country with this garbage but dang. It just kills me to see the children suffer at the hands of animals.

I am sending The Rock over to "layeth the Smacketh down"

Sorry for being a downer but I had to vent.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hey

Unbelievable..poor children!
    It's amazing that anything like this goes on today
    Though things may not be perfect (healthcare etc) ....I don't think we realize how lucky we have it here...

Kim
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Certainly makes me value the country we live in...even though we have our own issues. In comparison we live a very different and safer life.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    That is horrendous man that made me sick and sad when i read it. I cannot stand to see children or animals abused, well anyone really but adults can make choices to get away from abusive situations the children and pets cannot. so sad :cry:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    :brokenheart:
  • BEFORE
    I realize even our children are at risk but not like that. I read where lots of girls were raped during the Tsunami. My goodness a naturual disater and the animals are still at it.

If someone harms my kids, you might as well size me for an orange jump suit.
  • Kirsti
    Kirsti Posts: 53
    It's sick!!!! I can't understand what would possess someone to act out like that against any human being, let alone a child!

God forbid anyone EVER came near my kids like that..... I wouldn't need a orange jumpsuit cause they'd never find the body!
  • BEFORE
    It's sick!!!! I can't understand what would possess someone to act out like that against any human being, let alone a child!

God forbid anyone EVER came near my kids like that..... I wouldn't need a orange jumpsuit cause they'd never find the body!
    Well here to neither one of us wearing orange jumpsuits. :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.