Lapband Surger

Options
YaY_Me
YaY_Me Posts: 5 Member
Hello, I'm new to this site and the reason I joined was because I want to keep track of my progress. I'm having lapband surgery on May 23rd and I would like to make friends so look me up my profile name is YaY_Me:smile:

Replies

• rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! You will find lots of support and encouragement here! Best of luck with your upcoming surgery! Sent you a friend request, feel free to add me!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Yay You for taking the first steps! I'm so proud of you!
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I looked into it, started the process, but I have already lost enough during the manditory Dr supervised weight loss period purposes for insurance that I no longer qualify. Are you doing opti-fast right now for surgery prep to shrink your liver?
  • msmokie
    msmokie Posts: 16
    Options
    My heart doctor asked me to consider having the lapband or the sleeve or the gastric bypass. I did a lot of research on all 3 and decided not to put myself through any of the surgeries. I stumbled across this site & love it. I have lost 23lbs. in 5 weeks. It's just learning how to eat right. It a doable thing for me. I've heard that a lot of people put the weight back on after they use the lapband.
    I don't mean to sound negative but I do hope you did your homework before making the decision to do this. It's not a fast process with the lapband. Good luck to you, I'll be watching for your posts on how you are doing. I still have about 65lbs. to lose but if I can keep losing about 20 lbs a month, I should be at my goal aroung the end of August. I'll have to eat healthly the rest of my life to keep the weight off. My personal doctor said he was proud of me that I chose not to have surgery. He added that I didn't put this weight on over night eventhough it sure seems like it. Please stay in touch
    God Bless.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    good luck with your surgery.There`s lots of support here.
    jane
  • dawnmarieee
    dawnmarieee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery. I got my lap-band 3/22/2010. Love it!