Around 5'4" women....

12346»

Replies

• micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    5'4" 129 lbs depending on brand snug to comfortable size 2. When I was 120-122 size 2 was a bit big and I was told I was too thin.

I've been at 180 wearing 14s and 16s
    At 160 I was wearing 12s and 14s
  • Aust1967
    Aust1967 Posts: 68 Member
    Yes, I agree - it really depends on the brand. Right now I can wear 3 different pairs of size 8 jeans that I got at Target; however, I have a pair of size 10 capri pants from Kohl's that are still a little tight. I have a pair of size 10 pants from Khol's that fit well. The size 8 skort from Khol's fits well. And then, I have a pair of jeans from Delia's that fit and they are 11/12. I bought a pair of size 10 shorts that are Stag Harbor (I think JC Penney's carries that brand) and they are still too tight.

It also depends on how much spandex has been added to the denim. I remember back in the 80s when jeans didn't stretch - the person who decided to add spandex should be knighted or sainted, or something. :bigsmile:

The tops in my closet range from an XL down to a S - but the majority are M. Just depends on the style, fit, fabric, etc.

Recap - I am 5' 4" and today I am at 135.4 lbs (and I'm 47).

I guess this just goes to show that measurements (not weight or clothing sizes) might be the best way to track progress....
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    5'5, 134lbs, size 6. Average, I think?
  • AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    5'4 I'm 141.5 wearing 9/10 jeans right now my goal is size 7 and 130
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    5'4", 147 pounds.

shirts- Size small/xsmall/4
    jeans- only designer, about a 29 just depending on whether my thighs fit in the brand (digging Paige right now)
    dresses- A line size 4 or small, fitted size 8 with top taken in.

All my weight is in my butt.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Hello, I'm a tiny 4' 9.5" and weigh 72 pounds,
    i joined just now coz i need to put about 10 pounds back on after being ill for a few months. :-)

You are about the size of my right leg..
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    5' 5" 128 lbs
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    I'm 148 and wear a size 8. I'm 5'4. I'm actually thinking that I may have to go to a size 10....thus I am on MFP to drop some pounds. I AM muscular and teach an interval fitness class 3x/week but HATING my tight jeans!!!

So odd! how sizes, weight, shape all play a role.

I'm 32, 5;4.5" and I weigh 149, at a size 6. I have a pear shape
    Tops I wear a size Medium
    When I was 135 lbs, I was a size 4.
    Tops: Small or Medium depending on the fit

I wear American Eagle brand jeans (skinny or kick style).

Love these types of threads.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    I'm 5'3 199lbs and wear a size 14 pants and L shirts. When I started I was 260lbs size 22 pants and 1x shirts. Still have a lot to lose do add me!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    I'm 5'4" and I'm about 173 pounds and I wear a 14- I'm a bit bigger through the hips- my shape is more of a pear than an apple or an hour glass. That being said, I can't believe people who are larger than me in this post string weigh the same or are heavier and wear my size or smaller. Here is what I think, or rather, what I KNOW is going on. Sizes are not the same today as they were 20-30 years ago. When I was in high school (30 years ago) I was the same height and was about 117 pounds and I wore a size 7. What used to be a size 14 is now more like a 5/6 and what used to be a 16 is like a 7/8 or something like that. If you actually measure yourself and look at a sewing pattern I think people would be shocked to know what their actual size is. I think according to a sewing pattern I'm a size 20- that's right- a 20. That's because patterns haven't changed the way that sizes have. Which means that sizes don't mean too much because the manufacturers are changing the sizes to appease the customers. I talked to our sewing teacher (I work at a high school) and she said the girls in there always argue and say "but I don't wear that size!" when she measures them for a pattern. She gets out a skirt that she wore in high school (she's 10-15 years old than me) and she shows it to them. They guess that it's a size 3 or so and she shows them the size on the tag- it's a 9. So in the end, if your clothes get loose you're losing weight obviously, but don't get hung up on size because sizes run differently and through the years they have even changed quite a bit.
  • I'm 5'4" and I'm about 173 pounds and I wear a 14- I'm a bit bigger through the hips- my shape is more of a pear than an apple or an hour glass. That being said, I can't believe people who are larger than me in this post string weigh the same or are heavier and wear my size or smaller. Here is what I think, or rather, what I KNOW is going on. Sizes are not the same today as they were 20-30 years ago. When I was in high school (30 years ago) I was the same height and was about 117 pounds and I wore a size 7. What used to be a size 14 is now more like a 5/6 and what used to be a 16 is like a 7/8 or something like that. If you actually measure yourself and look at a sewing pattern I think people would be shocked to know what their actual size is. I think according to a sewing pattern I'm a size 20- that's right- a 20. That's because patterns haven't changed the way that sizes have. Which means that sizes don't mean too much because the manufacturers are changing the sizes to appease the customers. I talked to our sewing teacher (I work at a high school) and she said the girls in there always argue and say "but I don't wear that size!" when she measures them for a pattern. She gets out a skirt that she wore in high school (she's 10-15 years old than me) and she shows it to them. They guess that it's a size 3 or so and she shows them the size on the tag- it's a 9. So in the end, if your clothes get loose you're losing weight obviously, but don't get hung up on size because sizes run differently and through the years they have even changed quite a bit.

Stores have admitted to vanity sizing so it's very hard to get a true sense nowadays.
This discussion has been closed.