the thousand steps (melbourne)

Options
Hi!
Just did the thousand steps yesterday after work. just interested if other MFP users have done it, do it regularly?
how long does it take you?
I had no idea how to log the calories but i think it took about 40 minutes to do the whole walk up and down.

Replies

• clairemacd
    clairemacd Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi JJ_27,

I haven't done the 1000 steps yet but its definitely something i want to do. i recently bought a heart rate monitor to log my calories so i'm not guessing too much and dont over eat! I think 40 mins is a pretty good time for a round trip, i know others who have done it and thats around their times :)
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    HI THERE
    yeah i do the steps. i dont stop or have a break and it takes me about 20min i think. maybe less
    i havent really timed it i too busy trying not to die!

my bf did it. he went up the hill on the side then down the stairs then up the stirs and down the hill all at once and it took him 50min nad he burnt 750cal!!!!
  • kaylah_x
    kaylah_x Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great workout! wish we had something like that here
  • grunkycow
    Options
    I usually enter it as different components. For example 10 mins walking uphill, 20 mins stair climb, 15 mins run for the track down the side. I usually get around 450 calories burnt. Haven't got a heart rate monitor so I let the computer do the maths :)
  • MissBernie73
    MissBernie73 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That is definately on my list of things i want to do.