i have lost self believe

I need help from anybody,
i just cant stick to healthy eatin and i cant stick to going to the gym or exercising when i plan to...
i have lost all self believe and confidence in myself and with the summer coming in i wish i could lose weight and tone up my body, any help?

Replies

• bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    believe in yourself!!! you can do it!!! dont let yourself get down because you slip up every now again, let it be a reminder of what you want to achieve, the goals you want to reach! and by all means do not give up!!! if you need help knowing what foods you should and shouldnt have follow the motto "if it can go bad, its good for you. if it cant go bad, its bad for you." aside from a few protein bars and what not the aisles in the grocery store are not your friend! stick to all natural foods if possible and if not make very healthy choices otherwise and you will do great!
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Maybe start by cutting down on portions and sticking to serving sizes and adding healthier foods little by little? That has worked for me. I really hate how methodical I'd have to be with exercise so I just try to stay active in different ways...take the stairs instead of elevators; go for walks, etc. Start with an easier goal of losing a pound a week...it'll add up. Good luck...we are all here to help!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Losing weight and getting in shape are long, slow processes. We need to make small changes, rather than trying to change too much all at once. Basically, it comes down to determination. How much you want this and how much work you're willing to put into this. Yes, we all have our "off" days, I still have "binge" days here and there, as a "recovering" emotional eater. But, each time I "mess up", I've learned to just let it go, move on, and keep pushing on toward my aims. The motivation and determination must come from within. You are worth it!

Feel free to friend request me; I'd be happy to help you as much as I'm able. Best wishes!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    You can do this! I always failed at my attempts until I came to this website. The structure and the accountability has helped a lot. My doctor told me to consider it a job which I am doing. I made the site my home page so I am reminded every time I get on the computer. I've only been here a couple of weeks and my eating habits have changed greatly. I still have to focus on exercise which I am attempting to do. Don't give up!!! There are tons of people here to nudge and nurture you on.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    ya know, sometimes we have bad days and it is okay, just a bad day - that's all! take a deep breathe - you are worth this journey and making this effort. It's not easy.....but you CAN do this!

Take a moment.....if your best friend said to you what you are saying here....what would you tell them???

Think and reflect....it always helps :flowerforyou:
  • slp2112
    slp2112 Posts: 107
    Instead of focusing on the big picture (e.g. losing X number of pounds), why not accomplish one small thing each day? Don't even worry about calories - I mean focus on REALLY small stuff. For example, pick one day this week to take a 30 minute walk and maybe another day this week to take 1 hr walk. Don't worry about the gym. Just start with walking. Or pick a meal to revamp (I can't see you're diary so it's hard to be specific here, but what if you promised yourself to eat a bit more fiber at breakfast or a bit more protein at dinner than you have been). Maybe decide to go grocery shopping one day and find 10 foods that are healthier than things you have in the house now. Say ... replace a sugary cereal with multigrain cheerios. Eat greek yogurt instead of frozen yogurt for dessert a few nights a week. Find a vegetable that you a) like and b) will eat more than once (I happen to love cauliflower baked in the oven with a little cheese on top, for example). Find a yummy snack you like that is still good for you (I'm thinking a banana with a tablespoon of chocolate almond butter .... or chocolate peanut butter).

Whenever I feel completely lost, I try and bring myself back to the basics and just focus on the tiny things - complete a single workout, hit the right amount of protein in a single day, etc. - and worry about the big things later. Take it easy on yourself and don't put the pressure on just because it's summer. This is a long road for all of us, whether we want to lose 5 pounds or 50 pounds, or more! So focus on one day at a time. And when you start getting discouraged, you can look back at all the things you've already accomplished. Celebrate all the tiny goals/victories!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    ya know, sometimes we have bad days and it is okay, just a bad day - that's all! take a deep breathe - you are worth this journey and making this effort. It's not easy.....but you CAN do this!

Take a moment.....if your best friend said to you what you are saying here....what would you tell them???

Great advice. :)
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member

Great advice. Try some of Leslie Sansone's videos. I love to do them and you can do it on your own time. You can do this, you are worth it!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: