Bad weekend and Monday : (

Options
Ok ever since I found this website through a friend, I have been very motivated and I love it.. However I went camping with my kids this weekend and ate only junk food, McDonalds etc... I had every intention of getting back in gere this morning but that was not exactly the case.. I ate way too much.. It's like a drug to me if I get off my diet it is sooooooo hard to get back on it. If I have one taste of junk food it's like a cocaine addict needing another hit.. I am going to try my best to get back on the wagon tomorrow.... Wish me luck....

Replies

• midwesthiker
    midwesthiker Posts: 144
    Options
    Good Luck!

I am that way with exercise. If I go more than a day without it I stop. I keep telling myself I will start again tomorrow. It has been 2 weeks since I last did a real workout and I am like you - I need to just do it!
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day! Don't worry about what happened this weekend, get up in the morning and promise yourself to start back along the journey!
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it! Just count it as a "lost weekend" and move on! I had to do extra exercise this weekend to burn off all the extra calories I ate over the weekend and then I did good all day and then My in-laws invited us out to eat at a restaurant I like and I didn't count one thing. This is for life, so there has to be some forgiveness built in! We will both get back on that wagon first thing in the morning!
  • CMillikan08
    CMillikan08 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    no worries i didnt have the best monday either darn breakfast pizza grrr o well it happened and we move past it tomorrow is a new day with new calories and all we can do is do better the next day and the next day! lets both get back on the wagon tomorrow!
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    Good luck and remember that tomorrow is another day and you can start fresh:smile:
  • proncess1962
    Options
    me too...........had a bad weekend and started today ok but went overboard on calories yet again today, Tomorrow is another day, lets try again!
  • aecryan
    aecryan Posts: 89
    Options
    I hear you loud and clear! I feel the exact same way! I made a pan of rice krispie treats and then two more pans. I had to force myself past the marshmallows at the store today because I desperately wanted to buy another package to make more.

I did get back on the wagon today. Try again tomorrow!
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us. So don't beat yourself up over it and just move forward. You can get back on track! Good luck!
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    good luck you can do it :) just think about you will be one day closer to your goals and a healthier you!!!
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If you are Christian I suggest the book "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst. Very very good book. She mentions that when she was dieting she struggled and failed when it was all about getting smaller, but when she realized how God played in it made a huge difference.

I have picked it up and haven't put it down. Very good read, and it really makes you look at food differently. It is like a drug. I currently crave it more than God which isn't what I feel is right.

Lol. Here I am preaching. I have been bad too. For the last week. How bout we hop on the bandwagon tomorrow together? Befriend me and let me know how you do!