ZUMBA!

Options
Hey there!! I just had my first zumba class today and i love it!
first thing i wanna say is if you havent been to a zumba class try it! most of them are cheap and you find a class at zumba.com! it's amazing!
second thing is if you do do zumba how many times a week do you go? i was thinking i should start out going 2 times a week then maybe gradually going more.. i think its a great workout and it is soooo much better than running!! thanks everyone!! :)

Replies

• Monicazumba2013
    Monicazumba2013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i love zumba!! in a 3 month span i lost 38 pounds. i did zumba 3x a week, watched calories, and did other workouts. I only go about once every two weeks because of schedule, but its super fun!!!
  • ladyphoebe
    ladyphoebe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Zumba. When I was working and before my son was born i was going 4 time a week (my boss was and instructor and provided a class discount to employees) Now because of having my son and staying at home with him I dont have the time to make it to the classes. My hubby bought me the Zumba for the Wii and I love that too. I try to do that one at least twice a week.
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I tried to do it once and it was just way way too hard for me.
    When it comes to dancing style workout I just can never figure it out.
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    By far Zumba is my cardio of choice. So much so, that I decided to become an instructor. I am so glad that you love it !! Before I started teaching, I would do Zumba 2-4 times/week depending on my schedule. I have lost 32 lbs with the help of Zumba!
  • jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    Oh yeah... I'm a zumba addict as well! Def. credit my weight loss to it :)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    zumba addict here. i bought the dvds and i at least do one of the dvds every day, theres a 40 minute cardio, 55 live cardio, 45 minutes shakey weights, and a 20 minute workout. i love it. oh and 20 minute ab workout too.
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss!!
  • willdrea1
    willdrea1 Posts: 10
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Zumba!!! I first started doing it on the Wii everyday!!! I have just joined a new gym that offers Zumba about 2 weeks ago. The class is offered 5 times a week but I only go 3 times a week due to my schedule. The class instructor is GREAT!! Her name is Heidi (Getheidifit.com) and she is a former cheerleader of the Kansas City Chiefs! She moved here to MD and is currently trying to become a cheerleader for the Baltimore Ravens. Her class is so much fun and she throws in a little hip hop right along with that Latin flavor, it's really a fun class. It doesn't feel like exercising while your doing it but you feel it after...that's for sure!

If you don't have a Zumba class in your area but you do own a Wii...I recommend getting Zumba for your Wii. It's very good and I sweat just as much doing the Wii Zumba as I do in the actual class.

4669910.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools