Couch to 5K

mizzjessie
mizzjessie Posts: 42
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
How do you track your calories burned on here? I don't have a exercise watch so I don't know how many calories I would be burning doing this. I am going to be starting this week.

Replies

• Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    You just need to figure out how far you have run/walked and how long it took you to get that far. Then use that info to get your miles/km per hour.
    If you havent found a good mapping site yet try www.runningahead.com.au or www.runkeeper.com . Both are good and free.
  • Atleast40
    Atleast40 Posts: 62 Member
    I do it the easy way...treadmill : ) Good luck on your Couch to 5K
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Agreed with above, treadmill!
  • Amy1066
    Amy1066 Posts: 30
    If you have a smartphone phone, you can use the app "runtastic" ( but there are a lot of others too)it gives you speed, distance,calories and other cool stuff. I like the NHS couch to 5k podcast from iTunes. I am on week 9 and can not believe how long I can run, I am still slow but I am thinking of doing sprints to help that.
    Good luck, you can do it!!!
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    I asked the same question last night. I was told to log the walking minutes and then the running minutes separately So, week 1 is 17 minutes walking and 8 minutes jogging (or running, depends on what you're doing). Also, the 17 minutes includes the 5 minute warm up walk you do before the actual intervals start.
This discussion has been closed.