Question about fat loss

Options
I have a question. This might be a stupid question but what the hey. Does anyone else notice when they lose weight the fat becomes less dense and more saggy and supple? I can see the line in my thighs where my muscle is when i sit, and the little bit of fat I have left to lose is more saggy to where it kinda looks a tad bit worse than before I started loosing (but hopefully soon will look better =) Thanks for the help.

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Part of it is stretched skin shrinking back down too, remember to keep your skin moisturized and tone while losing
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    This is my worst fear for when I start losing weight again, is moisturising the answer? I'm going to start doing that more regularly! :)
  • Brilynn1988
    Brilynn1988 Posts: 14
    Options
    My skin doesn't look stretched. I didn't have a lot to lose to begin with. It just the fat seems less dense. I think maybe its a good thing? Like the muscle that I have toned and such is eating the fat maybe? I don't know. Just a guess. haha
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    My skin doesn't look stretched. I didn't have a lot to lose to begin with. It just the fat seems less dense. I think maybe its a good thing? Like the muscle that I have toned and such is eating the fat maybe? I don't know. Just a guess. haha

Yeah IDK what it is either but I get what you're talking about because mine is the same way! More so in my belly area! I'm really hoping it's a good thing also!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    It is a good thing, mine did it and now I can see it's tightening, keep it up!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I read once that as the fat that is deeper in your body starts to go things look more squishy and fluffy because that anchoring fat is now gone. Which is a good thing because that deep fat that surrounds your organs is the really bad stuff. The surface fat that looks so bad will begin tightening up more as we lose. Whether that's what is actually happening or not I don't know but I definitely have the same saggy fluffiness you're talking about!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I read once that as the fat that is deeper in your body starts to go things look more squishy and fluffy because that anchoring fat is now gone. Which is a good thing because that deep fat that surrounds your organs is the really bad stuff. The surface fat that looks so bad will begin tightening up more as we lose. Whether that's what is actually happening or not I don't know but I definitely have the same saggy fluffiness you're talking about!

YAY!! This is what I'm going with!! haha
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Yep, it's the difference between visceral fat (the stuff close to your organs and "hard") and subcutaneous fat (the stuff under your skin which is soft and giggly.)

It's a good sign if your fat is softening as visceral fat is more hazardous to health than subcutaneous.