Wrinkles??

Options
Pebble321
Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
I feel rather vain asking this... but am I going to get more and more wrinkley in my face as I lose weight?
I looked at myself in the mirror at a friends house (with good natural lighting) and was rather horrified to see my wrinkley forehead. I'm guessing that now there is less fat under the skin so the wrinkles are showing.
Is this just the price that I have to pay for being leaner and healthier?

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that in myself too :sad:

Still, if you look at the Success Stories everyone looks younger after losing weight, so bear that in mind and invest in a good anti-wrinkle cream and sunscreen!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with wrinkles though! I loathe this culture which implies that if you don't look airbrushed and Photoshopped, and under 25, then you're substandard. Wrinkles are a sign of experience and a life lived; sometimes well, sometimes not, but lived nonetheless. I am blessed with good genes, so it's probably easy for me to say that (although I do have some wrinkles), but honestly, wrinkles make faces interesting. Who wants to look like a mannequin? Loving your body means loving the whole body, wrinkles, warts an' all!

:bigsmile:
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    its the old choice - face or figure
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options
    Nothing wrong with wrinkles though! I loathe this culture which implies that if you don't look airbrushed and Photoshopped, and under 25, then you're substandard. Wrinkles are a sign of experience and a life lived; sometimes well, sometimes not, but lived nonetheless. I am blessed with good genes, so it's probably easy for me to say that (although I do have some wrinkles), but honestly, wrinkles make faces interesting. Who wants to look like a mannequin? Loving your body means loving the whole body, wrinkles, warts an' all!

:bigsmile:

LOVE this!!!! Amen :heart:
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options
    its the old choice - face or figure
    Yep!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, good to know it's not just me :)
    Guess I'll keep working towards a healthy figure and let the face show the journey!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I found this to be very true --- especially after 40!!! I am learning to accept it. My wonderful husbands calls it my laugh lines and without them I would not have my beautiful smile!!!
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    Definately an issue I have had to deal with. My cheeks may have been a tad round, but my skin was smooth and flawless. Since I have lost weight, I have wrinkles and acne issues...:sad: .
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Ditto!!!
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Don't forget to drink lots of water; good hydration helps somewhat.
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    Ya, I look old and gravity has taken the place of the plumpness :glasses: