weighing in when just waking up?

Options
i mean does that count ive used to do it before i started my fitness pal and it was always 175 but this morning i woke up went potty and stepped on the scale and it was 165 (right now weight before sleep is 168)so i wanted to know does that count so i can weigh in or not if it does omg i havnt seen the scale that low in years :bigsmile:

Replies

• PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself once a week and always just after I wake up before I eat anything.
    I always thought that if you weigh yourself in the evening that it's inaccurate because of the amount of food you've eaten? Am I silly for thinking that? :)
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you woke up this morning and weighed yourself if so yesi believe it counts the best time to weigh yourself accurately is in the morning before you eat and after you empty your bladder. I always weigh myself in the morning.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself first thing in the morning, after a potty break and butt naked! It's when I weigh the least. I think as long as you are consistent about the time and conditions, the actual time of day is up to you.
  • daveymck
    daveymck Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself once a week and always just after I wake up before I eat anything.
    I always thought that if you weigh yourself in the evening that it's inaccurate because of the amount of food you've eaten? Am I silly for thinking that? :)

I do the same, but I think the main thing is to try and be consistant with the time you do it and know that over the course of a day you will fluctuate by a few pounds.
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    As long as you weigh yourself around the same time, it counts. I always weigh myself in the morning as soon as I wake up. Just pick the time of day that works best for you and stick with it.
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

I also believe your statement it is inaccurate to weigh in the evening as you are full of food and drink consumed throughout the day always best to weigh on an empty stomach in the morning.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself first thing in the morning, after a potty break and butt naked! It's when I weigh the least. I think as long as you are consistent about the time and conditions, the actual time of day is up to you.

ME too!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, right after I get up. Keeps the number consistent, no matter how low it is.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I weigh in like that, as well. I get up, use the bathroom, strip and step on the scale. I think it's more accurate, personally.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I get up, use bathroom, step on scale. It's the same time every week so it's accurate :)
  • Rachel_Leigh84
    Options
    Yep same!!! First thing in the morning just after ive been to the toilet and naked hehe!! Im at my lowest then. I can sometimes be 3-4 pounds heavier by night time :sad:
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Consistency is the key! I know what I weigh in the mornings on my home scale . . . and I know what I weigh at the gym if I am there mid-morning. When tracking weight, you need to be looking at the trend. Things like high sodium intake, low water intake and such will throw it off a few lbs in a heartbeat.

If your weigh in gave you that great number then CONGRATULATIONS! You are definitely doing something right!
  • patricia92d
    patricia92d Posts: 49
    Options
    omg no fing weight i lost two lbs you guys :DDDDDDDDD love you alll thanks
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Weighing in first thing will cetainly give you the lowest reading - though it occurred to me last week that because I tend to perspire in bed that this is equivalent to jockeys or boxers wrapping themselves in plastic to drop a few pounds before a weigh-in! But no matter, it's the long term trend we are concerned with, right?
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Weighing in first thing will cetainly give you the lowest reading - though it occurred to me last week that because I tend to perspire in bed that this is equivalent to jockeys or boxers wrapping themselves in plastic to drop a few pounds before a weigh-in! But no matter, it's the long term trend we are concerned with, right?

Wow I wonder how much I lost overnight if that's true. I don't know why but I was so hot and couldn't cool down in bed last night. :S
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    weighing-in in the morning is the best time to weigh. It's before you consume food/water and after you empty yourself out from the previous day.
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The consensus seems to be the same as me. In the morning is generally the best time to weigh yourself but more importantly you must be consistent. If you weigh yourself first thing, than you must always do it that way.
  • mickeymousedl
    Options
    I'm usually swollen in the morning - so I'm better to weigh in the afternoon.

As long as you stick to the same way all the time you should be good.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning, naked, after going to the bathroom and before eating. It's the easiest way to get fairly consistent weigh-ins as you aren't having to worry about what you've consumed for the day or when you last eliminated.
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    I think the consistency is key. If you weight yourself every Monday at 5pm, cool. It should accurately show your weight loss. I just personaly like to weight myself in the morning naked :)