juggling

Options
coolkat17
coolkat17 Posts: 23 Member
i went shopping today to stock up on my diet bits.

i found it hard to get things that are low in fat and calorie at the same time.... then if you do it has a lot of salt.... and the breakfast cereals seemed to be full of sugar!

i am now tracking sodium and sugars on my daily intake...

am i getting a bit obsessive?

I seem to be staying to the targets but protein always goes beyond what the recommended amount is on here!

which foods do you track?

Replies

• soni_me
    soni_me Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The default (carbs, proteins, fats, and calories) and sodium. I don't buy low fat.....I buy lower calories, more fiber and whole wheat and grain. Low fat items(things that say lower fat) on them tend to be higher in sodium.

I always go over in protein (but that's okay for me). I never realized how much sodium is in everything, so it's been good for me to see, even if I go over. When I stall in weight loss, I really try to cut down on the salt.
  • raefost
    raefost Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have found that alot of the diet products are a bit if a con and whats been taken out has to be replaced, usually with sugar and salt so try to just use them in moderation. I've stopped tracking sugar as I go over this at breakfast with fruit! Good luck with it all. it always helps to be more aware of what you are eating.