30 day shred help

tsmom1128
tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
So, yesterday I started my very first 30 day shred. While I was working out, I was sweating my butt off, and totally out of breath (whether it was from my asthma, or the fact that i started smoking again remains to be seen...) and I felt the burn during, and the body fatigue after the workout. Waking up this morning, my legs feel tired, but otherwise I am not sore.

So my Q is this:

Should I continue on with level 1, or just skip to level 2 since my body isn't sore at all today? My worry is that I am not getting an adequate burn.

Any help would be much appreciated!

:smile:

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Dont skip.. i did power 90.. and for the first 3 or 4 days it was easy as ****.
    but then it got really difficult.. all of the exercise i had done hit me all at once.
    And now im 23 days into it and im still not quite ready to move on to stage 2.
    Give it time. the pain will come!
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    I am also doing the 30 day shred and am definitely interested in this answer !
  • CharleneN
    CharleneN Posts: 28 Member
    This is good to know because I just started Power90 and was wondering about moving on! =)
    Dont skip.. i did power 90.. and for the first 3 or 4 days it was easy as ****.
    but then it got really difficult.. all of the exercise i had done hit me all at once.
    And now im 23 days into it and im still not quite ready to move on to stage 2.
    Give it time. the pain will come!
  • cdcbr1000
    cdcbr1000 Posts: 1 Member
    I did the 30 day shredd & it will definately get harder, she kind of works you up to it. I started the Turbo Fire yesterday, has anyone done it?
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 801 Member
    i wouldnt switch after day 1; give it at least 3 days. i am on day 23 and i did 10 days on each level. you definitely shouldnt do 10 days at level one if u dont feel the burn but i wouldnt judge off of one day. give at least 3 days.
  • sammyjj53
    sammyjj53 Posts: 54 Member
    Stick to the program!!!! I was the same when I did the 30DS. Level one had my calves hurting by day 3 and level 2 had my hamstrings killing me by day 2. Jus stick with and don't skip ahead!!!!
  • Just because you aren't sore at all today does not mean you didn't get a great work-out. Sometimes I'm not sore until the second day. (So if you worked out Monday, then you may not really feel it until Wednesday.) Plus, too much soreness means you overworked & should ease up a little. Personally, I'd go by how you felt DURING the work-out to judge whether it's effective. And based the fact you were 1) out of breath, 2) felt the burn during, & 3) felt fatigued after - then I'd say you had a solid work-out. :smile: I did 30 day Shred when I had been working out pretty regular, so I jumped straight to level 2 & it totally kicked my butt. I went back & did level 1 for a couple weeks first.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    I have the 30DS DVDs myself and am starting them tonight so, you may think I am talking out my @$$ right now, However, I have watched the DVD and here is my .02...
    I would continue Level 1 for at least a week. You can up the intensity of the workout by digging in and really concentrating on working the muscle groups she is targeting.
    A few days of targeting the same muscle groups the way she is will definitely make a difference in how your body receives the workout.
    If, after a week, you are ready to move up, then do it! One of the reasons it has three levels is that Level 1 is conditioning your body for Level 2. Which in turn is a conditioning for Level 3. If you move up too fast, you may find it more difficult than it needs to be...
    Good luck!
  • popchex
    popchex Posts: 52 Member
    I think it depends on if you can get through all of the exercises easily. I have done two days, and I can't keep up with them, I'm VERY out of shape. I keep on keepin' on though, just slower than them. However even though I am shaking (muscles, not light headed) by the end of it, I'm not in pain at all. I feel a little sore, and like maybe I should add in some yoga to loosen up a bit more. I'm going to stick with level 1 until I can do all of it with them, without having to stop. lol
  • tsmom1128
    Thanks everyone! I think I will just stick with it and maybe stretch a little deeper than I was before.
  • how do you count the calories into your daily calories count
  • tsmom1128
    you log the exercise as circut training.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    I would continue with level one for a while. Seems like the first day I thought it felt pretty easy and then a day or two after is when I could feel the muscles that I worked. Esp. going down the stairs. ha I did level 2 the most and did level 3 as well. I always did Natalie's version though. I would say stay with the advanced version with Natalie. :)
This discussion has been closed.