Multivitamin?

GorillaNJ
GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
I am ready to start taking a multi again. I have not taken any sort of supplement (other then my whey protein on gym days) since I started back at this in November. It seems like the last couple of weeks I am getting really run down, I have been hitting the gym pretty hard and adding in more activities on days off.

Has anyone taken vitamin shoppe ultimate man multi? Looks like it is much cheaper then the GNC Mega Man Multi... wanted to know if anyone had opinions on it.

Thanks

Replies

• burnguru25
    burnguru25 Posts: 37
    I find a B-complex vitamin combination is a very good energy boost throughout the day.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    When it comes to supplements cheaper is not always better. I use GNC ultra mega for active women with iron. I eat really clean. So take a look at what your eat and drinkin. Those things will play a part in energy levels as well. Sleep is a huge factor too. Make sure your getting enough. :-)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    I find a B-complex vitamin combination is a very good energy boost throughout the day.

Oh yes I also take a super B complex with my multi
  • I absolutely love Shaklee vitamins and supplements. They are all natural and you can count on what's on the label being what's IN the product! Vita Lea is the multivitamin made by Shaklee.
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    I was taking GNC’s Mega Men then the sport version, didn’t really feel much difference with both. I switched to the cheaper ON Opti Men’s, again I don’t really feel much difference but multivitamins never really gave me a boost in the first place.

Has anybody gotten a nice boost from any multi they have taken?
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member

Lightning, how would you rate em? have you gotten great results from these multis?
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    I am ready to start taking a multi again. I have not taken any sort of supplement (other then my whey protein on gym days) since I started back at this in November. It seems like the last couple of weeks I am getting really run down, I have been hitting the gym pretty hard and adding in more activities on days off.

Has anyone taken vitamin shoppe ultimate man multi? Looks like it is much cheaper then the GNC Mega Man Multi... wanted to know if anyone had opinions on it.

Thanks
    I used to work for Vitamin Shoppe and the one you mentioned is a pretty good formula. I wouls also add some calicium and Vit D to it and you're good to go! (no, not a doc, just a former vitamin guru)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member

Thanks
    I used to work for Vitamin Shoppe and the one you mentioned is a pretty good formula. I wouls also add some calicium and Vit D to it and you're good to go! (no, not a doc, just a former vitamin guru)

Well i went and bought it... we will see how it goes.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member

Lightning, how would you rate em? have you gotten great results from these multis?

Hey! Sorry for the late reply. I LOVE these vitamins better then anything I've ever taken. They are raw whole food vitamins and they don't rely on soy as a filler (which is really hard to find.) I get great results from them. I have just started taking the women's multi (I was taking things separately) so I suppose the jury is still sort of out on that...but I assume they are good too. I obviously haven't taken the man's but the SO does and he likes them.